Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 11-23 report

Default 11-23 report

Took my girls out till about 12:40. Warm sunny day with little to no wind. Might be the toughest day ive had on this lake. Started throwing the big baits in the morning, the shallows were a wasteland. No signs of life at all. So i hit the ditch around 9 for nada. Carp jumping all over the place but nothing else. Idled around the rest of the day looking for bait. Found a nice school over 40 feet of water and plucked a 1 pounder on a little george. Frustrating day for sure, i might as well been fishing on the moon. Didnt see anyone catch anything. Kids had fun feeding ducks n such so the trip was still a success.
    Last edited by Skinny; 11-23-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Skinny,

A buddy of mine in my bass club fishes Perris at least a couple of times a week. He told me a couple of weeks ago that it was a tuff bite; but he finally got onto them around 10:30 am. I asked him if he got then drop shotting and he said "no", ( he's the best guy I know at drop shotting and usually wins all of our club tournaments). I then asked him what he got them on....after a pause.... he said on a spoon in about 35 feet of water. I asked him "what color spoon" and he said "Silver". He said he didn't get anything up along the grass lines. He say he had to fizz all of the bass he caught as they came up from the deep.

Another buddy in mine in the bass club had gone the same day as the guy mentioned above and he told me he got a 5 lber. and a bunch of 2-3 lbers up along the grass line on a green pumpkin / black fleck IKA. Go figure!

I guess it is that time of year to dig out the ice jigs and spoons and start yo yo then out of the deep. The bait fish have gone deep and most of the bass are following them down.

That's all I know...haven't been there is a while!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 11-24-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks for the Report Skinny ,

I was seeing the same thing when i went on the 19th , the bass seem to be suspended in no mans land and in a funky transition right now .. the weather with the pressure is just confusing the heck out these LMB.. hope fully if the water drops a bit more in Temp. and becomes more stable the bass will be on the move to there winter haunts . this maybe true on alot of lakes right now with Florida strain LMB they just shut down with everything changing on them ...

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, all the bass i saw were suspended. Those guys are hard to catch for me unless im right over them. See you guys out there.

Any news for this weekend? Was planning on going today, but woke to sore back, been at the wood for the past 3 days. Gonna go get a jacket linen from BPS today. Want to try tomorrow morning at parris, then it's back to work to get more money for fishing!