Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dana Point Jetty Junk Fishing Sat 11-21

Default Dana Point Jetty Junk Fishing Sat 11-21

Grabbed a little bit of everything from my tackle boxes and hit the jetty for the afternoon/evening tide push.
    started with the LC in the clean clear water and got my first bass(10") on my second stop before I got to the first bend. Thought that the LC bite was going to be good, never had another one. switched to a 3.5" MC swimbait and caught a small bass(6") lost it to the rocks a few casts later.
    Started throwing a 4" halloween BigHammer and got bit but didn't stick, lost to the rocks again.
    Tied on a Jig and Craw trailer straight to the braid and got bit, felt like there wasn't any fish around big enough for the the jig so...
    Back to the MC swimbait for another dink...

finally started to get dark and the bite picked up, still all dinks but caught 3 more in short order.

Tried the jig again for a bit but couldn't get a bite on it.

now its pitch black and I have to be Home for my wife's sister's B-day dinner at 6:30.

Went to the old faithful black grub for 2 more dinks and then pulled out this guy for the win and the last second.

3Lbs and 16+ inches. didn't even make another cast and got home at 6:28.

2. Default

Great report. Family friend drowned fishing that jetty in a sneaker wave a while back. Haven't tried it myself, usually just fish inside the harbor. Thanks for the photos!

Hi ya twin22s,

Happy to read about your HAPPY ENDING!
    3Lbs and 16"+ Checker Side with a BIG girth is a (pound-for-pound) hard fighting, angry fish. WTG!

I definitely believe in the ol' adage: "Just one more cast"! I've landed some of my best fish and PB's on this theory!

Thanx for the inspiring fish report with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><