Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 22" Toad surf checker! + 2 calicos on 1 lure, again! 11/20

Default 22" Toad surf checker! + 2 calicos on 1 lure, again! 11/20

Well guys... I'm tired. today was the 3rd day in a row, and the best. only been sleeping 4-5 hours then hit the surf from 6-11ish, go home, shower, eat, nap for 30, and work for 7 hours. Thats been the routine for the last 3 days... The surf just keeps handing me fish. Thank you Ocean for all the great times!

Still epic conditions. I would imagine its flat everywhere! Used the minnow all day... 1st cast, mac. Spiked me somehow and my hand bled for a little surprisingly. lol. Ran into Featherb8s and we started working the area. 20 minutes go by without a hit. then i feel a nice tug. Really???! another double! 2 double in 2 days! I guess i should of ate in-n-out for dinner...

Notice the back hook is off the lure. It twisted off the split ring somehow.. The hook is in the top calicos mouth still and after releasing the fish i swapped out a split ring off an LC. It was a frustrating 10 minutes of trying to get my fingernail in the split ring and the hook it but i'm glad i did!! ;)

Today wasn't as hot in quantity as the last two days but the quality was there! Mr. Pog with a solid 18" among my average grade minnow bass.

I decided its time to move down a bit 2 casts after i feel a nice tug a swing! Fresh oneee! Takes some good with a lot of weight. Hangs me up for about 5 seconds and i quickly make the call to open the bail and let out like 5 feet of line and tighten the drag a little. After i few seconds i feel some tugs get her out. for 3 seconds... lol Let a little line and shes out for good.

The prize!! Tim: Thanks a lot for the better pictures. The ones of my camera were bad. I edited the original a little.

Thanks for the battle you beautiful fish!

22" Ol Piggy!!

Another great day i won't soon forget. i ended with around 8-10 with most being legal. had a few calicos and halibut which was nice to see. I haven't caught any halibut in the last few sessions. Tim it was cool to see you land your first fish on the DS! don't worry about the gear! it was already yours, you just didn't know it yet. i go through those like crazy over there. I think ive lost about 20 sinkers in the last month or so! it was already yours, you just didn't know it yet.

Thanks for reading fellas. Until next time ;)

Congrats on the PB Calico Sean!
    Congrats as well, "On getting it"....
    Have a great weekend,
    Robert
    <><

I saw your 22"checker on your post title and had to look,it was worth the browse,nice Cali indeed and from the surf,I'm always impressed by how well all the surf fisherman on this site do,wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

surffishingsean,

Congratulations on another PB Calico!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's and for sharing your sessions with all of us!!

SP Dan <"))><