Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2 for 1 legal checkers! Salt minnow doing damage! 11/19

Default 2 for 1 legal checkers! Salt minnow doing damage! 11/19

I guess i'll start by saying i get wrecked by an absolute monster calico/cabezon drop shotting in eelgrass beds after the fish off. took drag for around 10-15 seconds. hung me up on structure. Eventually shook off. Oh well. Whats cool about this was it was at an old stomping ground i used to frequent about 2 years ago for perch. Can't wait to pull a big one at the new AO.

Anyways... 2 days of calico madness. Conditions have been beautiful. Crazy clear water!

11/18
    mack attack in the morning followed by bass bite! Had a lot on the SP minnow. only the bigger models bite it which is cool and it launches so you can cover ground. The water has been salad free and its been working great! Did work on the calicos! Had a bunch of legals on the LC, SP minnow, and SS. with the nicest of the day, a fat 17" with a gut. Caught off the shutter.

11/19: It continues with the same conditions! Starts with another mack attack. 45 mins in i scored a nice 17" off the LC.

Lots of these decent fish came up most all around 13-15.

Slammed!! So stoked to see two beautiful calicos attached to my lure reeling it up in the super clear water! 17" and 15". Sweet!!! Check that off my list lol.

They just keep coming up.. Slammed again! 19" piggy.

What a great two days!! Thanks for reading guys. Get out there and be adventurous! :D :) :o

WTH?????????? Catching just one at a time ain't good enough for you now?

Dude how do you do it. You are catching so many good fish in the surf. Spottie and I must be fishing the wrong beaches. We are throwing everything at them LC Big Hammer, Flukes, you name it . We might catch 1 fish each maybe at best most of the time we get the skunkola. Great job out there and awesome reports and picts. I remember seeing you a Hg7 my son might have talked you I am not sure. You are really getting it done out there.

Nice double !

Very nice day out in the surf Sean!
    You have them dialed in, keep it up.
    Robert
    <><

surffishingsean,

Excellent job on all the Calico's and the double-Checker hook up! WTG!

Thanx for the fish report w/ pic's!

SP Dan <"))><