Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: No last week trips from the Sierras ... Rush Creek hogs>

Default No last week trips from the Sierras ... Rush Creek hogs>

Sorry to NOT hear anything. From what I saw ... I don't know how a fish could get up to Rush from Grant

I went up for the closer. Friday my buddy got 1 nice Brown from the backside of Grant. Long and slender, probably 19 inches or so. Saturday I got a nice 5 pound Rainbow from the Convict inlet. Lots of little fish from Rockcreek Lake. Sunday we watched the snow fall and the wind blow. I hear that PVR is fishing really good right now, got to head back up for some of season Browns!

Yeah, usually we hear about people trampling all over redds right now. What gives?

we were up there the week before the closer weekend. It was too freaking cold. There was a ton of pressure on rush creek, cars lined up from grant to silver. Lots of fish holding in the deeper pool below silver at the end of the campground but with all the people throwing everything but the kitchen sink and it being 10 degrees in the morning there was nothing to do but watch the madness. I did manage to get a couple on wed but after that it was just crazy. awesome weather though with all the snow. God knows we need it. I was actually surprised how many locals fish for the spawning browns with little to no care about what they are doing. wadding right thru the middle of their beds and the few people I did see catch fish were using nightcrawlers. If youre going to fish the spawn at least show a little respect to the fish. stomping thru their beds and the using live bait on a barbed hook. I don't know why locals would fish this way