Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Striper and Bass Fishing: Hard Baits

^ Pat nails it. No surprise here, lots of time on the water always wins......lots and lots of time...

I'll definitely pick up some flukes, I used it before and jogged it and had no luck.

Yah I'm really patient when it comes to fishing haha that's why I want to get into throwing swimbaits.

What kind of spoons would you suggest?

I tell you what, those scrounger flukes get me 95% of my stripeys. For hard baits though, I've had some success with lucky crafts and X raps. Some baits seem to work better at certain lakes than others. Flukes nevver produced for me at DVL, but at the Wood they're my go-to. I whacked a 10 lb wiper at Irvine a few years ago on a LC48 while trout trolling...that bait is less than 2", and looked like a tic tac in that pigs mouth. It really all depends on what they're eating, you can throw all the big baits you want, maybe they're keyed in on fry. Sometimes the big ones work the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    I tell you what, those scrounger flukes get me 95% of my stripeys. For hard baits though, I've had some success with lucky crafts and X raps. Some baits seem to work better at certain lakes than others. Flukes nevver produced for me at DVL, but at the Wood they're my go-to. I whacked a 10 lb wiper at Irvine a few years ago on a LC48 while trout trolling...that bait is less than 2", and looked like a tic tac in that pigs mouth. It really all depends on what they're eating, you can throw all the big baits you want, maybe they're keyed in on fry. Sometimes the big ones work the best.
    Thank! Ive never had any luck with flukes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12