Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Lake Shore Fishing report 11/18

Default Perris Lake Shore Fishing report 11/18

Ok, so I couldn't help myself after hearing about the trout plant so I went out for a half day. Started on the north side of the boat launch with a robo, which did nothing. Threw on a big swimbait, and had a huge cast that went almost to the buoys...too bad it wasn't attached to my line after 5 feet.

Saw a nice 10 inch trout come withing 6 feet of the shoreline hitting a bug on the top. Decided to switch up to a lighter rig, with a silver kastmaster. Went to the south side of the launch, right before the point. Saw 2 tiny bait fish just hanging out so I put my chair out, and started some armchair jiggin. After 20 minutes of underwater brush clearing from yours truly, I brought in what I thought was a clump of weeds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151118_154019_011.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	47274
    As you can tell, this blue dude wore my arms out! Let him go to live another day.

That was it, no other strikes. Beautiful day though, very fair winds, about 75deg, not sure on water temp. Think a storm is coming in next Wednesday along with a full moon. Something to think about.

Cheers fellas!

Depending on the weather, I plan to fish either parris or silverwood this thanksgiving weekend possibly all 4 days, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Will have room for 1 to join me as I generally fish alone on my Tracker 195. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Depending on the weather, I plan to fish either parris or silverwood this thanksgiving weekend possibly all 4 days, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Will have room for 1 to join me as I generally fish alone on my Tracker 195. Let me know.
    Thanks daug! My wife won't give me a specific day I can go yet, my step daughter and her fiance are spending a couple nights. So I might go without much notice. What does you and your boat look like and il keep an eye out for ya. I'm usually in jeans and a black Polo or grey sweater. I have a blue chair usually on the shore and I Carry an old camouflage Alice pack. You will know I'm there if you see a black mustang with black wheels in lot 6 or lot 8.
    Last edited by brohamslice; 11-20-2015 at 10:10 AM.

I drive a tracker pro 195, if it is cold I will be wearing BPS 100 mph rain gear (blue) I generally, okay always show up by 7:00. I check the site daily, so drop me a line if you want to go.

YeeeeHaww! no skunk!

Quote Originally Posted by sublimesteve View Post
    YeeeeHaww! no skunk!

No pics no proof! Give us the downlow steve! We wanna hear about your epic fight!

brohamslice- Don't think it was a fluke that you caught that Bluegill on that Kastmaster. During the spring and summer, when the fish are more active, that is a very productive lure for Bluegill and Redear! Get the two smallest sizes (1/8 & 1/12 oz.) and use the smallest size snap swivel or just a red snap, 2 or 4 lb test line and cast along the outside edges of the brush or weed lines. The 'Gills will really hit hard and most are good sized, since the larger ones feed on the small shad. This one in the pic is on the small size while using spoons, most are larger.