Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Salton Sea

Default Salton Sea

Anybody fished there lately? I'll be on interstate 10 passing through. Just wonder was it worth my time to see how the place is since I was last there years ago

MM
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 11-18-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: sp

Haven't fished it since last spring....here is the latest report

ArchiveArchive for the ‘LOWER DESERT WATERS’ Category

Nov
    12LOWER DESERT WATERSComments Off on LOWER DESERT WATERSLOWER DESERT WATERSNovember 12th, 2015

SALTON SEA: The tilapia action stayed off this week with light fishing pressure and slower action. Just a few fish to a pound or a little better reported at the state park jetty, and the action remains all on nightcrawlers. The park entrance fee is $5 with self-registration. The water is so low that launching is nearly impossible except for small boats (boaters should check with the main office at the recreation area before bringing a boat). The camp store is open Friday through Sunday. Information: Camp Store at 760-289-9455 (open Friday-Sunday). Salton Sea State Recreation Area main office at 760-393-3059, or the ranger station kiosk at 760-393-3052 (or mobile phone at 760-331-9944).

hmm..doesn't look too promising. How about Blythe? All I want to do is kill some time while on road trip to Texas