Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trout stocking info ?

Quote Originally Posted by boolves View Post
    Hey fellas, I rarely post often, but the vine is something I always do around trout season.. A very close fraternity brother whose Relative is on the management board confirmed the upcoming closing of the lake... Hate to say it as it was my local go to spot... I guess low lake levels, boat accident and Insurance company getting super anal finally caught up.

Really sad to see it go, I guess my only other local option is santa ana riverbeds... but those have such ****** scenery.

Maybe we can hope for el nino to revive this bad boy before it gets axed.
    As one of my dear friends on this board once said, business is all about profit!! "If there is no profit it's no fun!!!!!!"

Yeah. I really hate to see this happen. I called up my buddy and was like... Hey man trout season is here. Let's hit the vine! And that's when he said it was cclosing down... I was very sad to hear it and in denial... I immediately came here and caught up on all the drama... Looks to be the real deal.

Irvine is a private Lake remember guys. It wouldn't take a genius to see with no more boats allowed, staff layoffs and stocking reductions means a sinking ship.

I always loved the scenery, and people. Gunna miss this place. I'm gunna try and get one llast hoorah for Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by boolves View Post
    Yeah. I really hate to see this happen. I called up my buddy and was like... Hey man trout season is here. Let's hit the vine! And that's when he said it was cclosing down... I was very sad to hear it and in denial... I immediately came here and caught up on all the drama... Looks to be the real deal.

Irvine is a private Lake remember guys. It wouldn't take a genius to see with no more boats allowed, staff layoffs and stocking reductions means a sinking ship.

I always loved the scenery, and people. Gunna miss this place. I'm gunna try and get one llast hoorah for Thanksgiving
    We can all hope that a Phoenix bird will arrive from out of the ashes.

They need something cuz all I've seen are mud hens out there. Lol. The pelicans and commorants aren't even there. Hence lack of trout. Just remember, they didn't stock what they advertised. And there hasn't been any new stockings. So now the word out there is that the Lake is making desperate attempts to try and get fish stocked there since they breached their contract with the hatchery they were supposed to be buying trout from. Doesn't matter how you slice it, it's a done deal. Imo. Sad thing

and I quote....

"great news for the holidays!
    The next stocking of tailwalkers will be here in time for thanksgiving weekend!!
    Make your camping reservations now for friday the 27th and saturday the 28th!!!"

See you at the lake!

TD

That's great news .... So will team 57 be hosting another event/tournament ??? I am willing to donate a Starbucks goodie bag to raffle off ,,,, I support the da vine and team 57������
    Last edited by dj-nextone; 11-20-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dj-nextone View Post
    That's great news .... So will team 57 be hosting another event/tournament ??? I am willing to donate a Starbucks goodie bag to raffle off ,,,, I support the da vine and team 57������
    Let me talk to a few of the guys that are going out next weekend and see what we can put together! Thank you for supporting Irvine Lake and Team 57

Looking forward to meeting you at the lake, PM sent dj

TD

Hell yea sounds good TD I think this will be a epic weekend at the vine hopefully we can make this a great day of fishing

Thanks for the update TD, it's good to hear some positive news about the Vine!

Quote Originally Posted by dj-nextone View Post
    Hell yea sounds good TD I think this will be a epic weekend at the vine hopefully we can make this a great day of fishing

ALWAYS a great day of fishing, it's the catching part that's tough to predict! We'll be in touch...

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Thanks for the update TD, it's good to hear some positive news about the Vine!
    No problem JAG. Definitely giving thanks for this good news, Team 57 remains in support of our home lake through thick and thin....regardless of the situation. Hope to see you out there.

TD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast