Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do trout bite right after being stocked?

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I know this used to be a common practice of theirs... However, I was under the imression that they no longer use the nets. SO Sneaky and dishonest for them to do it in the first place. This is why I haven't fished there in 12 years. I don't trust em...
    When they use to drain that lake every year, it would fish really good. Corona Lake also would fish good most of the time.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-24-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I know this used to be a common practice of theirs... However, I was under the imression that they no longer use the nets. SO Sneaky and dishonest for them to do it in the first place. This is why I haven't fished there in 12 years. I don't trust em...
    So, why is it sneaky and dishonest? They never advertise that they plant all of the fish at once, people only assume that they do. What difference would it make if they said they planted, for instance, 1,000 pounds every Monday, Wednesday and Friday or if they said they planted 3,000 pounds every week? Is that dishonest, too?
    Take the time to learn the lake and how it works and why the fish hold and bite where they do. Doesn't matter how many are planted, anyway, if they don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    When they use to drain that lake every year, if would fish really good. Corona Lake also would fish good most of the time.
    Corona Lake just about is drained. Sure hope we get rain to fill it again, and that they open the lake back up to fishing (hopefully after cleaning out some of that brush)

Thanks for all the insights and yes its extremely dishonest if they continue to plant into nets, either way if I catch or get skunked I enjoy fishing and getting to talk to fellow fisherman but recently I have tried talking to the fellow fisherman to my left or right but they make it seem like if am trying to take their fishing secrets and publish a book or even steal their fish, I guess Commoderie is slowing fading away between fisherman.

Same old stuff. Lot's of spoiled fishermen these days and lot's of instant gratification attitudes, sorry that's what it sounds like at times. You need to learn the lake just like any other, pay to fish or not it's still fishing.

Oh and Etucker maybe another reason for better fishing after the lake drains, cleaner/clearer water, trout like that and as far as shad goes if that's really the case maybe using a shad imitation instead of dunking smelly playdoh?

The Lake has not used the nets for many years.

In the past, we tried using the nets to help spread the fish over a few days, instead of having them all caught on the stocking day. When the cost of fuel went up, our trout supplier would only deliver one big load per week.

We now close the Lake on the day we stock to allow the trout an opportunity to become acclimated to the water and spread out across the Lake, so everyone gets a better shot at the trout.

We are sacrificing one whole day of business every week, to hopefully make fishing the best it can be for everybody.

We are still the ONLY Lake that stocks EVERY WEEK without fail.

Thank you for your continued support.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinglakes.com View Post
    The Lake has not used the nets for many years.

In the past, we tried using the nets to help spread the fish over a few days, instead of having them all caught on the stocking day. When the cost of fuel went up, our trout supplier would only deliver one big load per week.

We now close the Lake on the day we stock to allow the trout an opportunity to become acclimated to the water and spread out across the Lake, so everyone gets a better shot at the trout.

We are sacrificing one whole day of business every week, to hopefully make fishing the best it can be for everybody.

We are still the ONLY Lake that stocks EVERY WEEK without fail.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Thanks for clarifying! You guys ARE the only game in town this year, as far as boating and steady stockings. So it should be a great year for ya, good luck! I live about a mile away, haven't been in about 12 years due to a few bad experiences in a row. Maybe when my wallet recovers from christmas I will stop by and give you guys a shot!
    Last edited by goodguy; 11-24-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Same old stuff. Lot's of spoiled fishermen these days and lot's of instant gratification attitudes, sorry that's what it sounds like at times. You need to learn the lake just like any other, pay to fish or not it's still fishing.

Oh and Etucker maybe another reason for better fishing after the lake drains, cleaner/clearer water, trout like that and as far as shad goes if that's really the case maybe using a shad imitation instead of dunking smelly playdoh?
    You're right about the playdoh!!!! When the lake was clear of the shad, drifting the doh from my boat was just to easy. I am going to try to learn to fish the plastics better this year. I was also thinking about some lead core trolling ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    ....maybe using a shad imitation instead of dunking smelly playdoh?
    You recommend a flavor? Glitter or no glitter? Should I use The Juice or The Sauce as an attractant?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You recommend a flavor? Glitter or no glitter? Should I use The Juice or The Sauce as an attractant?
    All of the above. It's important to match the smell though. Catch a shad and shove it up your nose, let that be your guide.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast