Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The quarry

Default The quarry

Got here at 6 am this Veterans Day morning. Lake was dark brown and smelled like my dogs ***. Got to the cove shoreline and saw a dead gill... then another and another... Proceeded to walk the shoreline and saw a horrifying sight, dozens of dead bass in the 2 to 5 pound range, about 50 or more dead bluegill as big as my hand and hundreds of dead shad. Water must be contaminated from the recent rain, I just hope some fish survived the kill!

2. Default

Wow. Yuck. Maybe some of the usual fall/winter turnover too? Any pics?

Ahh, The Polio Pond as I like to call it, any update for the new year? I had sUm fUn las Summer fUr sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Ahh, The Polio Pond as I like to call it, any update for the new year? I had sUm fUn las Summer fUr sure.
    Went there during this warm spell..i have never been shut out there till this time...seen no signs of much fish life..hardly any birds..this place is gonna need some time

Aww man, thanks for the update dday. I was gonna hit it up this weekend, but now I know this place is dead for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    Aww man, thanks for the update dday. I was gonna hit it up this weekend, but now I know this place is dead for a while.
    No please go ahead..love to get a second opinion..could of just been a bad day...if something's gonna happen..it should def. be by now
    Last edited by dday07; 02-20-2016 at 03:31 PM.

yeah i heard of the die-off along with a oily appearance on the top of the water.

which quarry are you talking about? Vincent? 39? 605?