Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11-8-2015

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Yeah night boating is definitely a bad idea safety wise. Not many other lakes ever offered it, most kick you off by sundown.
    Yeah more security would help, but how do you prove to the insurance company that you are doing as promised?
    I'd like to know who's insuring SARL and why its not a problem for them, as far as I know they don't even have a patrol boat! Just the shore guy checking on limits once in a while.
    I'm not an insurance type guy, just more of a Jail house lawyer!!! lol But to answer your question about proving they're doing what they promised. If an event of a claim and it can be proven the new concessionaire didn't do as promised his insurance could be declared null & void. That should be enough of a threat to insure the concessionaire does what he promised to do. In the case of SARL, it never was much of a boat lake. Irvine lake just had more boats and is much bigger so the odds of something happening were greater. As I stated earlier, "they been luckier then Irvine!!!!"

Sarl is going to be packed now

Quote Originally Posted by Antares Sonozaki View Post
    Sarl is going to be packed now
    Unfortunately for SARL it wasn't drained this year and refilled. What does that have to do with the price of beans???? (you might be thinking) SARL fishes best for the bait and wait kind of people (me included) when all the shad are all killed at once. The trout then hug the bottom looking for food. They then will see yours and mine power bait or power mouse and eat it with a vengeance. When the shad are not killed by draining the lake, the trout will still bite to some degree. Just to the more skillful anglers who can work a plastic lure. There is a couple of the people on this board that has got the night crawler thing down pat. That might be something to try if your power bait isn't working. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-23-2015 at 07:17 AM.

All i use are trout worms and jigs lol. Powerbait when bored.

So why then is float-tubing not allowed? The concessionaire isn't responsible for tubing accidents, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So why then is float-tubing not allowed? The concessionaire isn't responsible for tubing accidents, right?
    Wrong! If someone is injured or dies while at Irvine lake, the concessionaire could be held liable. With that being said, "which method of fishing has a greater chance of someone drowning." A person in a Float tube or someone fishing on the shore?
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-23-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Etucker- Let's remember the last who passed there was due to a massive heart attack according to coroner's report. Before that, it was a suicide. Concessionaire not liable. However the 2 that drowned prior to that, were allowed into the lake with a small undersized boat that shouldn't have been allowed past the gates that evening. Imo. Unfortunately the 4 men launched it after dark since they were told not to. But I can't help to think about where was the patrol and why did the lake allow them in? Concessionaire liable. Hence that's one of the reasons we're at this point. Thank you management. Lighter side of things, maybe fishing might get better there after their stocking? Take the kids to the lagoon and slay em!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12