Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout opener but we werent trout fishing blue cat triple play

Default Trout opener but we werent trout fishing blue cat triple play

between my reg work my guide trips my home life and my personnel drama of my mom losing her fight with cancer ,,,,,I needed a little break from reality.........my dear friend trollmiester from the fnn and team 57 had been begging me to come to the vine for some crazy wild cat fishing that had been happening for a while .I made the long early drive ,got to go in early and say hi to some t/m 57 peeps get a breakfast burrito . then it was time to go in head to the west side of the lake and wait for trolly to show up. while I was waiting ,I got to walk the shore and watch some of the first early trout coming in to the stringers. trolly showed up we got are back packs on and headed for are spot down the shoreline ,it was a little hike but not too bad , we got to the area and we baited up and put out are lines. after a few little weak pick ups and drops ,I got hooked up something very big and it took off just like a big striper , I wasn't a catfish they swim totally different this thing gave me several super long runs and nearly spooling me before spitting the hook . the only thing it could have been was a very large wiper ,getting me angry and reiled up all at the same time . after that it was a long day of the cats doing a grab spit and drop bite of short bites all day until about 3 oclock. I had landed 3 channels on my lite line setups and trolly and hitts were still on the skunk. then trolly gets the big hook up and the fight is on after a nice long fight trolly gets his fish in and I do the net job , its a 15 to maybe 18 lb blue cat fish that was a beautifull fish. that wa s the first out of the triple play,,,next was me one of my rods went super bendo and I had a nice fight ,then my fish was in the net,,,,it was just a little over ten lbs that was the second out of the triple play on the blue-cats. in between that we lande 3 or 4 smaller channel cats. the it was hitts turn one of his rods got smoked and was screaming , his fish did not wont to come in and he had a 45 minute fight of his life with the biggest blue of the day for us ,it finally came to the net and we all three of us did the vine catfish fish dance laughing and yelling because of all the excitement. after all the crazy action we made it over to the tackle shop
    so they could weigh hitts fish and take some pics of it before putting it back into the lake . after all that I went to the campgrounds with the boys and said hi to a bunch of the tm 57 people who were camping out for the trout fishing sun. thank you chris for a loyal great friend over all the years we have known each other and the wonderfull fishing we have had together and hitts got a lesson in lite line fishing from good old bob ............
    [URL=http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/183_zpstufzy2jn.jpg.html][/URL

Last edited by TroutOnly; 11-08-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Sorry for your loss! My Condolences to you and your family buddy
    these fish have no chance against the famous TO! Good job out there

....thank you mr t-rex...........

Sorry about your mom,mines 83yrs old their something special,thanks for report and pics,nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

mine was 87 ...........

Sorry about your mother, TO.

Something you got to like with casting out, sitting down, and just hanging out with a few buddies on shore fishing. Got some great action to boot. I miss doing that stuff.

Hey Bob, I miss you man. Nice fish dude, take it easy

Great report Bob! Even though I couldn't be there that day Trollys phone calls and play by plays made me feel like I was there. You guys Slayed the blues. Congrats and my condolences to you for the loss of your mother bro.

Good seeing you Bob, way to guide Trolly n Hitts at the Vine! ;)

Very sorry to hear about your Mom Bob, my sincere condolences to you and your family.

TD

Sorry for your loss Bob, Our Condolences to you and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast