Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Whatever happened to Laguna Lake in Fullerton?

Default Whatever happened to Laguna Lake in Fullerton?

Is it a decent Bluegill lake? They should have planted Redear Sunfish and Florida coppernose Bluegill into it after they re-built the lake. I could care less about any puny hatchery
    trout that they stock in there. (After fishing in Alaska and British Columbia!)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Is it a decent Bluegill lake? They should have planted Redear Sunfish and Florida coppernose Bluegill into it after they re-built the lake. I could care less about any puny hatchery
    trout that they stock in there. (After fishing in Alaska and British Columbia!)
    It is a pretty good one!!!! There was a plant of Redear from the bucket biologist people. Nice big ones from lake Perris, unfortunately to many misguided people keep them so they didn't establish much of a fishery.

You know, there's been so many times that I wanted to bring in a bunch of Perris Bluegill, the big Florida strain,.. and dump them into my local Fairmount Park lake. But always decided it was wrong and illegal, and with my luck, I'd get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    You know, there's been so many times that I wanted to bring in a bunch of Perris Bluegill, the big Florida strain,.. and dump them into my local Fairmount Park lake. But always decided it was wrong and illegal, and with my luck, I'd get caught.
    It might be illegal, but I don't personally think it's wrong. If the DFG would do their job correctly, it would be both illegal and wrong. Since they don't, the bucket biologist without the proper training are doing what the DFG should be doing all along. It's not a perfect system, but it is probably a better system then doing nothing!!!!! Which is the case in the Echo Park lake tragedy!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-08-2015 at 01:58 PM.

What etucker 1959 said.

Cya Tuna Vic

Ninja stocking.
    Go for it.

There are still plenty of large redears there. They have little competition from bluegills thanks to the large population of corbicula clams, apple snails, and other critters bluegills tend to ignore in favor of softer easier prey. As a result, they dont stunt in that particular lake, and grow quickly.

Quite a few 20lb+ channel cats in there, too.