Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: What's happening here????

Default What's happening here????

Hi all. Been awhile since my last post so bare with me. I was at the opener and was greeted by great weather and what looked to be the start of another fabulous opener. But unfortunately it ended up for us anyways, a couple of fish not say the least for all others around us as well. Ugh. Oh well. We all couldn't help but get caught up in the shoreline talking. It actually made our day go by faster even though we weren't getting bit. Rumor has it, as if the lake is shutting down? Huh? No fish, boats and lack of fish? Hmmmmmm?

They stocked 10k lbs for the opener instead of the usual 20k. If you recall last year, the bite was completely non-existent for the first week. I caught one LMB all day between 4 of us fishing at last years opener. It probably has a lot to do with our warm weather, trout don't like high pressure systems.
    FWIW my buddy's 2 kids filled out 2 limits each in the kids lagoon yesterday.

They had tournaments posted for the month of November and now they are gone ???? What is gong on with Irvine lake

Jag- The weather was definitely awesome! And you might be right about the barometric pressure as well. Sounds like your buddy had a great time at the lagoon!
    Dj- I know what you mean. Not posted much of anything is scheduled for this year's trout season. Sounds like either the lake is getting back to just good ol fishing with no hype events. Or they're getting ready to lock it up!? Just doesn't seem like something is right. My neighbor is there with his kids and said fishing is soso. 3 trout caught on powerboat. He also mentioned that lake personnel came down and barked at some anglers as well. Smh

Any news or updates on the lake

I was there for the Opener as well, got there a bit late for since there was about 75 cars ahead of me at 5:30 am I was ready to turn around and call it so I know how minimal the shoreline is but at the end of the day I decided to stick it out for a bit, I pass the both around 6:15 since they did open the Gates at 5:45 and but the time started making my way to the west shore I was shocked on how much the water has dropped and the west shore seem like a swarm of aunts it seem like there was no space whats so ever so I figured the first spot I find Ill just stay there and take a nap :-). while I was throwing my lines in the guy next to me hooked up which made me think that it was going to be a good day but than i noticed the trout where running left to right and with about two feet of separation between anglers made me feel that we were going to have a lot of tangles :-(. At the end of the day ended up with 3 trout and 4 tangles :-( (had to cut and retie all 4 times). The Lake staff did come down about 5 times to check we only had 2 rods per person and 8 feet of shoreline.