Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Multi report w/ New weapon yields 2 Exotic's and PB's.

Default Multi report w/ New weapon yields 2 Exotic's and PB's.

Hit it 3 days in a row. First off disregard my camera malfunctions when i turn it on sometimes it has a dark bar over a random spot of the picture. Sometimes its fine. Oh well. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. If you guys are like me, i'm sure you will.

Fully equiped with a new weapon, DS fluke. Something ive been thinking about for over a year. Thought it would be boring to use but i'm finding it more and more fun. Something about hammering the fish without spooking them.

Day 1: i've visited the old stomping grounds, where Rick and I used to slay it. I got there in grey light and tide was a little high for this section but workable. I get on my series of rocks and start casting away. Ive checked in on this spot many times over the last few months and conditions were horrible. It was very clean and i took a few waves. I was able to manage a 15" YFC

And a 14" Calico. before deciding to continue on. I missed a hit while hopping from rock to rock. Lol.

Around 7:30 i continued down and i spotted the ever so stealth Mike. We chatted for a bit and he offered me some luck and we went our ways. Shortly after i scored a pancake my PB sandie off the DS. i've caught a 20" off squid on heavier gear so i'm counting it as a PB off the light gear.

The highlight of this day was me getting owned... Again. Few seconds after it hit the bottom i started twitching. Starts peeling drag for a good3 seconds and snaps. Owned my 10lb pline. I think it was a big halibut and it cut the line with its teeth... Because it should not have broke with how much drag i was using. I'll never know. Continued on to meet some familiar faces. Last cast of the day i scored a 20" hali. Missed some hits but overall it was a good day.

Day 2: Conditions were prime again! Now i'm using 20lb fluro for my dropshot :).I fished 6-7 hours this day and it was worth it. I Got there in the dark and started the Prowl. Got a few cuda and a smelt right away followed by a small calico. Missed 3 bites on the LC which i'm sure were halibut. I continued working to nail a small bonito, and a larger cuda my PB surf cuda. Didn't measure but it was around 22-24". Weird to catch one this late in the morning as they have mostly been in the dark.

Next hungry fish was a 15.5" calico.

Shortly after i get hit with a decent tussle on the LC and get a 21" to sand.

Okay the day is getting better but the salad is getting worse. I stuck with the LC a few hours but i probably should have switched soon. DS time. Pull out another pancake and 2 legal calicos.

Then i miss a big Hit... Tore up the fluke with big hali teeth marks. Damn!! Keep casting away at select locations and after a good battle i get my 4th Legal Hali to sand. Wooo!! It spit out a dink perch in the skinny!

15 mins later... weird fight. a Kelpfish!!!

Thanks little buddy. Didn't know i could get these from the surf.

Cast walk and repeat. Covered a ton of ground always taking mental notes. Next fish was a 17" calico that hit right after i freed my rig from a snag!

now at a different AO and i manage 8 hali and a rat calico in a 75' stretch over the next 20 or so mins. Rung the hali dinner bell. This day i had an exotic, 12 halibut 1 legal". The most hali day in numbers. 8 calico (4 legals). Luck was on my side. I was in the zone mentally and hit the majority of my bites. I lost a decent fish, tried for a bit longer and called it.

Day 3: I was hoping for more chaos. Only fished 2 hours cause conditions were bad due to the wind and salad getting way worse. Managed a rat calico on the swimbait and another Kelpy!! What do you know, two exotics in two days! off the bento bait from Ron.

These guys are aggressive.

When i took the hook out the fish bit down on my thumb. I was able to lift him off the ground for a few seconds before he would let go! Thanks little buddy. This one had quite a different coloring than the one i caught the day before. They are pretty cool fish for sure.

Thanks for reading guys. Life has been dealing a me a lot of different cards recently. As for many of you guys, Fishing is my therapy. Been loving the surf but i need some bigger fish. I'm getting on a boat Thursday hopefully.

Thanks for the awesome report. What a wide variety of species...including giant kelpfish in the surf

Excellent session in the surf Sean!!!
    3 days well spent indeed.
    Thanks for the report and pics.
    Robert
    <><

Nice compilation of feesh there Sean. Inspect those knots buddy...LOL

Legends are plentiful that a couple of hundred years ago many Pirates lost their lives in battle on the sands you now fish.......

Personally I think the problem with your camera is that a Poltergeist is circling you while you fish and it has some kind of TAIL

-------<><
    Last edited by bones; 11-04-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Congrats on the good catching !!! You are one Fishing Machine for sure

good spot .....fun day for you....makes me wanna get back into the surf game...I sort of quit once I got a yak and changed gear....
    Last edited by stoned-trout; 11-13-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Hey surffishingsean,

Now .... that's what I call a cornucopia of fish ... you've definitely been blessed by Poseidon himself!
    That's a very nice variety of fish Sean! You have been busy at it!

Thanx for the fish report with pic's.

SP Dan <"))><