Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Stocking Catfish

Default Stocking Catfish

Fished it last evening, Sat. Very few fishermen there. Got skunked, but it's part of the game.

Qs:

1. I've sent emails to the address on their website. No replies. Do they answer?

2. Has anyone fished it for catfish lately? Some intel please. (I don't do Chis' Pond.)
    Went to the Catfish Lake at first but the bugs chased me, along with the shore red ants. Big lake was better for relaxing but no bites in four different spots.

4. When does the catfish stocking stop for the season? Do they still stock on Friday?

Kinda sad to see so few people there. I have fond memories of catfishing here. Back in the day the lake was alive during catfishing season on weekends. Looks like things have changed somewhat.

This is not meant to be a downer on SARL, since I will try it again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by hugo c View Post
    Fished it last evening, Sat. Very few fishermen there. Got skunked, but it's part of the game.

Qs:

1. I've sent emails to the address on their website. No replies. Do they answer?

2. Has anyone fished it for catfish lately? Some intel please. (I don't do Chis' Pond.)
    Went to the Catfish Lake at first but the bugs chased me, along with the shore red ants. Big lake was better for relaxing but no bites in four different spots.

4. When does the catfish stocking stop for the season? Do they still stock on Friday?

Kinda sad to see so few people there. I have fond memories of catfishing here. Back in the day the lake was alive during catfishing season on weekends. Looks like things have changed somewhat.

Check their stocking videos on their website. At least you'll know, when where and how much went into each lake.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-01-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hugo c View Post

Qs:

Tell me about it I have been to this lake about 5 times this season (Was doing better at Irvine ) and only caught 1 Catfish, but a lot of people have been doing good here I probably just didnt have the correct bait or was doing something wrong and need more time to dial in the lake, I did take my inflatable boat out once with a fish finder and noticed that about 90% of the fish were suspended about 2 - 4 feet above the sea floor so maybe using a Santee rig might be beneficial. A fellow fisherman once told me "WE SAY WE ARE GOING FISHING AND NOT WE ARE GOING TO CATCH FISH, SO CATCHING FISH IS BONUS" You will have the lake dialed in soon think positive.

Go to the dam last may I caught at least a 15 pound blue it's called cedar spring dam its on the OTHERSIDE of the lake free parking

My bad I was talking about silverwood lake