Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I got tricked, but treated :) Happy Halloween!

Default I got tricked, but treated :) Happy Halloween!

Time: 6:30am
    AoP: Super special secret
    Reason for going: Couldn't resist

Got to the spot at 6:30 am started fishing by 6:40am. I've never fished this early before an wished I brought my flash light since I kinda lack werewolf night vision . Started casting the lucky into the rocks but just kept catching a whole lot of salad! After a few throws, I got a nibble, a bite than whatever it was it started taking my line :) After a few seconds of fighting it through the weeds I was surprised it was only a....

I thought he was gonna be a lil bigger by the way he fought. Poseidon tricked me by throwing me a lil curve ball but it was still early so I kept hunting.

20 minutes later, as I was throwing the lucky back into the weeds an rocks I got a bite. Before I knew it, whatever was on the end of my line was peeling my line faster than you can say "Happy Halloween"! I remember the last time this happened, I lost the fish because my drag was too light. This time, I buckled down and cranked the drag hard right. It ran for a few minutes but soon tired out when I pulled out this beauty.

16 inch YFC :) Such a beauty and most definitely one of the best "treats" I've ever gotten on Halloween

Even though the bite died after the YFC, twas still a very nice day at the beach
    Hope everyone drives safe tonight, and has an AWESOME Halloween!

See's chocolate lollipop baby! Hmmmm tasty :)

Hi ghost117 (appropriate name for today )

Very pretty calico and thats one nice hefty YF croaker I must say I'm glad you didn't meet up with the great pumpkin when you were out there in the dark cuz you certainly would have had to write a much different report than this cool one

take care,

Nick

We were out this morning long before the sun also, stellar conditions. Congrats on the YFC and Happy Halloween to you also..........V

Nice little trick or treat session. A checker and a crow is a lot more than I got to pull on this weekend.

Don

Nice session out on the beach for a couple nice fish....can't beat that!!
    I like chocolate also...
    Robert
    <><