Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davy Locker Groupon Deal: Thoughts?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    For what ever reason, they suspended selling Groupon and Amazon tickets for the Southern Cal for a few weeks. Groupon just put them back up for sale and I'm glad to hear Amazon local now has them back too. Thanks for the heads up, that's what FNN is all about!!!! It is an amazing little boat!!! (great cook too) lol
    Hey Etucker, could you clear out your inbox? Had a PM to send

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Hey Etucker, could you clear out your inbox? Had a PM to send
    Sorry!!! All fixed!!!! lol

https://www.groupon.com/deals/sd-yachting-club

This is the alternative for those that can afford it. Six Pack fishing offered by several other boats can also be found on groupon if you look.

4. Default

Guys, thank you for all for the tips. I ended up canceling the Groupon for Davy's Locker (they make it much too difficult to schedule, only a few available days, not disclosed when you purchase it). Instead, I bought the Pierpoint one.

Initially, our first trip was canceled when the boat had prop problems-sucks! Made the drive down to Long Beach for nothing.
    However, we didn't give up and went out again the next weekend. Had a blast! The crew was very helpful, it wasn't too crowded, and everyone caught fish. We ended up with a ton of whitefish, macks, and a chunky rockfish. Saw a bunch of sheepshead get caught too. Thanks again!

I used the Groupon with Davy's Locker on a 3/4 day trip. When I booked the trip they said there would be a $12.50 surcharge for fuel. The boat was the Freelance. When I arrived that morning for the trip they said the trip was now full day and they charged me $30.00 more. We fished Catalina. The parking was a little hard to find if you haven't been there before. It cost $15 for the day. The trip wasn't bad. The fish count wasn't that great for the boat. Most folks caught a couple of fish. We didn't catch much of anything until the late afternoon. The crew was pleasant but not overly helpful. I have mixed feeling about using then again. I'm new at this so it's hard to compare but I will try some other boats in San Pedro and Long Beach to see how they compare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12