Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout and tubing at Santa Fe Dam or Puddingstone?

Default Trout and tubing at Santa Fe Dam or Puddingstone?

So with the lack of options for local tubing this Winter I was looking at both of these locations as possible alternatives but I'm not sure that either will be worth the time or money.

I've read that its $10 bucks to enter either park and another $7 bucks to launch a float tube, is this correct and is it worth it?

Anybody know how many pounds of trout get stocked each time?

Seems like Santa Fe would be the better option as they don't allow motor boats but if it only gets the same amount of fish that a smaller park lake gets it would be a waste of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishslayer01 View Post
    So with the lack of options for local tubing this Winter I was looking at both of these locations as possible alternatives but I'm not sure that either will be worth the time or money.

I've read that its $10 bucks to enter either park and another $7 bucks to launch a float tube, is this correct and is it worth it?

Anybody know how many pounds of trout get stocked each time?

Seems like Santa Fe would be the better option as they don't allow motor boats but if it only gets the same amount of fish that a smaller park lake gets it would be a waste of time.

Thanks
    If going for trout...Pudd hasn't been stocked in about 2 yrs. from contamination issues..not sure if cleared for this year

good info, thanks!

Few bucks more and wait for SARL, I believe it's the only local float tube lake. Those DFG fish aren't worth it, if it wasn't for salt water I wouldn't even bother buying a license.

They allow electric troller at Santa Fe. Stock is good when they do get but run off to deep areas and hard to find since its huge lake. Decent bass and cats there aswell