Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Any luck with pinched crawlers?

Default Any luck with pinched crawlers?

I've tried all 4 colors ... using Mosquito #10 ... threading on just like a plastic worm (from the top) ... no luck

Anybody using half a PCrawler?

Thanks MUCH

Live Crickets is my Sierra go to bait if I am not tossin' a fly.......nothing better...nothing...

yep billy.........the natural color......I always keep some in my backpack in case I run out real crawlers.......bugs when its hot ,crawlers most all the time..........

Yes I have had good luck in rivers with the small pinched crawlers in a small ziplock they sell
    but not the bigger ones in the jar.

I put a sharp Fly Hook 16 and then cover the tip of the hook
    with the light green garlic power bait and bam fish on.

"whacky rig" them in the middle size 10 mosquito, caught 4 trout on one bait last time I went to Convict, put my nephew on a 6lb 15oz trout (sorry been a long time since I posted a picture, can't get it to rotate)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Convict 2015 with the boys (7).jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	47189

GR8T help ... exlnt tips gents. Saw those smaller PC's and I'll get some. Thanks, TO and all for the tips.

NICE hog!!! I'll be on Convict this weekend ... guess what I'll try. I always say, "Where's there's 1 ... there's 2"

Best way to catch a big trout is to flyline a large live nightcrawler, hooked in the middle with a number 8 circle hook, then take a small marshmallow and cover the hook point with it. As the worm crawls along the bottom, the white marshmallow gets the fish's attention. and BLAM!.. the trout grabs it and takes off! With the circle hook, there's no need to "set the hook". The trout will hook themselves as they swim off with the bait. Use a fairly light line, no more than 4 lb test so you can cast it out some distance from shore. This method really works!