Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overnight on the Freedom PB Dodo

Default Overnight on the Freedom PB Dodo

Hey guys , got an invite from my friend Jerry to fish the freedom out of 22nd st. sport fishing, limited load overnighter, Jerry and his friend Jonathan had killed it the week before on the larger grade tuna . I decided to join them on the hunt ... During the week the plans changed because of the darn seiners , all the tuna had been netted at the bank . SOOOO the plans changed and it turned into a wild goose chase paddy hoping and searching for the right one. On the first stop it was wide open skippies with a few yellowfin mixed in , there were also a few small dodo's caught too. At that time i thought in my head ohh man would i love a big dodo , i've always wanted to catch a nice bull . Before friday i had only caught dorado in the mediterranean, and they were small fish, only in the 5-6lb range. On our third or fourth stop , my little chovie got nailed a few seconds after it hit the water, i set the hook the fish exposes itself , nice bull ! I'll let my little video do the rest of the talking !
    Anyway , this is what it is all about ! FRIENDS,FAMILY, And last but not least fishing! I want to thank Jerry again for inviting me to tag along and catch a fish i had always wanted to get a chance at! This trip turned out to be a long boat ride , but ... fishing is fishing , our group went home with a smile , fish or no fish. Sometimes they're just not biting .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dodo.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	47171

Tight lines,
    Edgar
    Ps. This was jackpot fish ! approx 20lbs.

Nice bro! On a Lexa too.

Nice DoDo Edgar..
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

FYI....Dorado are full grown in just 2 years. The quickest of any species of fish...

Btw, what size hooks did you use for the chovies? Seems like the small bait has been producing. My first yft this season was caught on a chovie. I've been trying different hooks to see which ones work better. I just picked up a pack of Owner size6 light wire circle hooks to try out this weekend. I'm so used to the 1/0 2/0 3/0 4/0 for the dines! I always hated using chovies but it's the hot ticket as of late.

Hi Edgar:

Nicely written report but fantastic video (great editing too). Gotta love that fight and the color of Mr. Bull Dodo too. Your a great all around fisherman my friend. Keep er going!!!

Take care,

Nick

Nice Dodo Lil Bro....LOL

I could swear I could hear you screaming like a little girl behind that music

On the lefty Lexa too....Making me proud of ya even if you were a bait B I T C H......:

All kidding aside good job out there Edgar...Poseidon rewarded you to ease your pain from your last adventure!

Great video,very exciting,noticed a couple of interesting things,seemed like you were thumbing the heck outa that spool,never saw any dodos jumping,and seemed like you backed up to the bait tank for the gaffing,believe me I'm not hating just thought those points were interesting,that was a buetiful fish and a great battle in that combat fishing style,WTG!

Cya Tuna Vic

X2 Vic. Cool video. Thnx.
    DR

Frick'n awesome Edgar, glad ya stuck one. We'll hook up soon..............Verne

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Nice DoDo Edgar..
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robert
    <><

FYI....Dorado are full grown in just 2 years. The quickest of any species of fish...
    Thanx Robert ! Thanx for the cool info as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast