Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide trip thurs wfo on the swimbait schoolies with catchingsomefishdave

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Thursday was very active, last 2 days not as much. You hit it on the correct day.
    Gotta assume it was the bad weather front moving in. Now that it's moved in the barometric pressure has risen significantly. TO any comments on the subject?

The small swimbait bite was still there but the surface activity died down. They seemed to be chasing bait a little more aggressively Saturday and lot's of shad dimpling on the surface. The front is still moving thru and the wind is picking up today I think by Tuesday things will be picking up again if wind calms by then. Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The small swimbait bite was still there but the surface activity died down. They seemed to be chasing bait a little more aggressively Saturday and lot's of shad dimpling on the surface. The front is still moving thru and the wind is picking up today I think by Tuesday things will be picking up again if wind calms by then. Just my guess.
    Thanks for the info! What times have been the best bite from your experiences?

The best bite in the am has been before sunup, as early as 4:00am, unfortunately by the time the park opens at 7:00 the boils and topwater start slowing down and die pretty quick. I love the topwater action and the afternoons are picking up. Got a report that they were blowing up good this afternoon at 4:30pm and that is way earlier than they have been. Bite has been best in the golden hour, one hour before dark up till about 6:45pm then it seems to slow, park closes at 7:00pm.

All this might be old news with finally getting cooler temps and water has come down. Since TO's outing the water is now hovering in the high 60's, even in the afternoon. Thursday when he was out I metered temps at 70 - 74.

Water level is supposed to stay low until November.

Good luck!
    Last edited by seal; 10-18-2015 at 05:49 PM.

.the weather always effects the bite...............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12