Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide trip thurs wfo on the swimbait schoolies with catchingsomefishdave

Default Guide trip thurs wfo on the swimbait schoolies with catchingsomefishdave

dave had a trip comin and I thought the wood should be good from the reports from my friends. hit the water trolled good for a hour or so till we found some surface action happening . killed the big engine and slipped up on some stripers beating up shad on a bank in a back of a cove .we tried some topwaters for zip ,dave threw his swimbait and boom .we took two limits of stripers and tossed back more than doule that. at one point every cast was a hookup for about 40 minutes ,it was beyond cool . during the action dave and I both landed a catfish ,and we lost a few more but the action was so sick it didn't matter. after the area finally cooled down .we left and did some trolling , that was dead ,so we ended up back in the hot spot for some afternoon action. we missed the crazy t-storms for a non wind whole day of beautifull water. all the fish were caught in 10 to 20 ft of water ,the surface temp started at 69 and moved up to 73 ,with the lake level almost 10 ft off full pool and stained bad water in many areas......thank you dave for using my service again...............

Thank you Bob for yet another fun day on the water. That was crazy for a while, weird, but crazy....I am really glad we switched venues from the Mid to the Wood, that big T-Storm would have ruined our day. What a beautiful day, with very little wind until we got back to the dock at the end. I thought I had hooked a big stripey, and what a surprise when that kitty showed itself. I have never seen that many cats boiling on the shad, right along side the stripers, very strange, but cool also..................Dave

Congrats for a nice day of catching...including swimbait catfishing!

Thanks for the report TO, wow that must have been awesome finding that bite!

..........it was really cool........I could have cast backwards facing the other way and get bit ,it was a very special day..............

Great report TO. Funny I was going to reach out to you to get your opinion on fishing today and this weekend with the storms coming thru. Silverwood is one lake on my list to fish possibly.

stumpknocker all the fish were caught on the swimbaits ,except 3 trolled fish,,,,,,,,,the predators are up shallow chasing shad everywhere around the lake.............

Like you said T/O, a very special day...

Thursday was very active, last 2 days not as much. You hit it on the correct day.

What an awesome day. Way to slay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast