Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL 10/14/15 - LMB Tough

Default DVL 10/14/15 - LMB Tough

Water is 75 and is getting ready to flip with the green stuff building in the quarry.
    Wind was almost non existence and later out of the west at a very light breeze. Fished the first half of the day until about 2.

Silversides Silversides Silversides! Bite was tough except for raiding the nursery.
    The wolf pack average size is bigger from previous years. Saw one blow up against a north side point of solid 4-5 inch backs porpoising, 4-5 lbers . The rovers are nice ones. Seems like the 12-15 inch class of fish is absent, eaten????. The spawn this year was awesome. Millions of 3-6 inchers all over the lake, everywhere.

Fished the darter head and 3" senko, neko senko, fav creature bait, topwater, fluke, and minnowed DS. Got some nice followers on the BG swimmy. Just too calm all day. I HATE FISHING SLOW! Had the electric on 4 on the rental, covered water but never really found the good size biters.

Fished deep off the points past the grass lines, deep outside boiling fish once they were done, middle outside of coves and some deep cuts.

You would get one blow up on the topwater by a real fish and then it was done. Fish were running from the boat when you would see them in the extremely clear water. Jumbo rovers at the now above water quarry islands.

Hind site 20/20 .......tiny fluke neko style nose hooked and 4lb, baby bass swimmy, scrounger head and WHISKEY!
    Make the first blow up stick.

Hmmm, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Hmmm, no one cares.
    I care.... This is my favorite time to fish DVL...

I cant wait till I can get the boat back on that water.

Jason

The epilimnion (warmer surface water) going to deepen a little bit but the lake is still stratified and far from turning over. Hypolimnion (cold water layer of water) is 57-58, so 17 degrees to go until it completely mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    The epilimnion (warmer surface water) going to deepen a little bit but the lake is still stratified and far from turning over. Hypolimnion (cold water layer of water) is 57-58, so 17 degrees to go until it completely mixes.
    What causes the green algae bloom (snot) to pop off then?
    What is the depth of that cold stratum? Thanks.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 10-16-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks so much for the report! I enjoyed reading it!

Sure man, hopefully it saves a person walking the shore or renting a boat a few hours figuring it out.

Stijnkbait,

Thanks alot for a great report. We hardly get any informative posts like yours. It is appreciated.

It is really tuff to get the LMB to bite your offering when they are chasing pencil shad on the surface!

thanks for the report, I'll be heading down there hopefully Thursday .