Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is a hold up...

First things first glad you are okay. That is super intense. It happened to my older bro and bestfriend about 5 years ago and they were shook up for awhile. They were walking home and they just came up and took what they had. What a bunch of low lives.

Crazy, not something we usually think about when night fishing. glad to hear you are okay though

Man that's pretty intense,sorry you guys had to experience that,money can be replaced,glad you guys are alright,I totally understand someone wanting to be armed in that situation and it's definitely their right to do so,but I also can't help to think if you had been armed someone might have ended up dead,and unfortunately it usually the innocent person,again it's each person decision,again glad you guys are ok,sad state of affairs now adays.

Cya Tuna Vic

Damn savages in this town. :-\ You did the right thing tho. Your life is not worth your goods, regardless of what the NRA tries to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    I totally understand someone wanting to be armed in that situation and it's definitely their right to do so,but I also can't help to think if you had been armed someone might have ended up dead...
    Glad there is still some common sense around, and not the old Young Guns who think that gun play is like an adulterated version of Wild Gunman. I love the, "Oh man if I were around and I had my piece, I woulda,..." folks. Something tells me they wouldn't even know where to find their piece after the urine stains went down the leg of their pants, and if they did, they'd start shootin' up the scene and nailing plenty of innocent bystanders in the name of 'freedom.'

Silly rabbits.

That just pisses me off... as you can tell by my text this morning.
    Glad that you guys are okay though.
    Things can always be replaced, because they are just things...

Glad you're ok Edgar, and these guys are right. Good thing the bad guy got away and won Because everytime someone pulls out a gun in self defense they pull the trigger. Just like DS said if you had a gun you would have shot innocent bystanders

Scary, good reason to leave your wallet in the car (hidden) and carry $20 bill.
    Sad to hear about your encounter.
    DR

Very glad to hear no one was harmed. I've seen where situations like yours ended up in the coroner's office. It's really depressing that a few scumbags ruin the world for everyone. Thanks for the heads up letting us know that we need to be watching each others backs when possible.

just don't be misled by the penal codes that were mentioned. in a nutshell it means if have an open carry on your way to
    your fishing hole and you put a jacket on (making it concealed) you would still be legal (if you unloaded it). but since 2012
    open carry in cali is a big no no unless you're in area that allows shooting. when i was growing up we always had a special
    in the tackle box but those days are long gone, now law abiders are at a big disadvantage. but that's change for ya, and now
    the beaches are closed at 10pm for our safety. go get your ccw...

wow, that sucks Edgar, glad to hear nothing happened to you and your bud.....cant even fish in peace these days, hope they get caught ASAP!!!

Tony G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast