Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is a hold up...

Glad your OK and no one innocent was harmed.

Its to sad but the truth is this kind of stuff happens everyday. More then we think. Probably more are not reported. Many of these criminals are repeat offenders. Our criminal justice system doesn't really fix anything. It's like an in and out revolving door, free food, free tv, free gym, free medical care while the tax payers (middle class) pays.

Not even safe to go fishing at night in fear getting robbed or attack is depriving an indivual of their freedom.

Haven't You guys learned anything over the last seven years. We are not being policaly correct here we are not to blame the dirtball robbers for this crime it has got to be the guns fault. These guys must have obviously had a background check to obtain there wepon.

if anyone tried that **** on me it wouldn't go well...and I could use some free chum for the sharks...I am glad you didn't get hurt and I hope those scumbags get what they deserve..to run into someone like me...save the taxpayers some money...

I fish there a lot at night haven't came across anything like that and I guess they have been lucky i am a concealed carry permit holder but I have noticed this place is going down the drain there have been a lot of weird people lately. I'm glad your ok like mentioned in one of the comments that you may conceal carry while fishing I recommend you do that because you don't know if the scum bag is drugged out or what and what he may do.

Quote Originally Posted by coors View Post
    just don't be misled by the penal codes that were mentioned. in a nutshell it means if have an open carry on your way to
    your fishing hole and you put a jacket on (making it concealed) you would still be legal (if you unloaded it). but since 2012
    open carry in cali is a big no no unless you're in area that allows shooting. when i was growing up we always had a special
    in the tackle box but those days are long gone, now law abiders are at a big disadvantage. but that's change for ya, and now
    the beaches are closed at 10pm for our safety. go get your ccw...
    The original poster was correct. You are correct. You can carry a loaded, concealed weapon (key word is concealed) weapon on California as long as you are a licensed CA fisherman. You may carry it to and from and while fishing. Once you get back to the car...it must be placed in a locked container away from the passenger compartment. Open carry of loaded or unloaded weapons (of any kind) in public is always illegal. Sadly, getting your CCW is easy or difficult depending on what city or county you live in. Some areas, like LA County or City....pretty much impossible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123