Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lnl

I really thought about it and in the long run we SHOULD have nothing to worry about. They probably will open the lease up to someone else. Why????? Money of course!!!! They not only lost the lease fee on the lake, think of all the parking money they will lose!!!!! Once someone adds all that up, "they should get a new concessionaire." After all, "it is Orange County!!!!!!" lol

Side not, if someone like the SARL people get it. "They will have a catfish season!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-15-2015 at 09:22 AM.

"As for bidding for the concession, OC Parks will be issuing an RFI, Request For Information very soon which will be followed up with an RFP, Request For Proposal."

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    "As for bidding for the concession, OC Parks will be issuing an RFI, Request For Information very soon which will be followed up with an RFP, Request For Proposal."
    Hmm you sound very well informed!!!!! lol

I took my tube out there last Sunday I did pretty good on the bass they are up in the weeds close to the shoreline. I was reading there FB page and it says u can still tube the lake until the end of the month, I will definitely be there this Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Hmm you sound very well informed!!!!! lol
    I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are over a hour away.

[QUOTE=Number1topgun;771625]I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are

U know how far the common sense thing will go . Does anyone know if they allow tube fishing after the month is up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Number1topgun View Post
    I emailed oc parks and asked what was up. Now Laguna Niguel is catch and KEEP everything including bass. Owner is saying he paid for every fish in the lake... Doesnt seem right to me but hopefully people will have the common sense to catch and release so that we can fish it in the future. Oh well, for now its going to be Irvine Lake. Cant be picky when the only other good lakes are over a hour away.
    The vast majority of folks who will fish there during this time won't know how to catch the fish in the lake so no mass killing will take place, probably more like a decent culling that will benefit the fishery.
    I hope the good folks at SARL get a shot at the concession.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    The vast majority of folks who will fish there during this time won't know how to catch the fish in the lake so no mass killing will take place, probably more like a decent culling that will benefit the fishery.
    I hope the good folks at SARL get a shot at the concession.
    I know they were up for the running last time the lease was up and lost out. Maybe this time they'll get it. They really need to get someone in there otherwise this once great fishery will be just like every other park lake in OC...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I know they were up for the running last time the lease was up and lost out. Maybe this time they'll get it. They really need to get someone in there otherwise this once great fishery will be just like every other park lake in OC...
    Maybe it's time for me to retire and go fishing every day...

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I think someone good will get in there. Think about it for a minute, with Irvine lake having all their problems with no boating and float tubing. The majority of the Orange County Trout float tubers will gravitate towards LNL, if for no other reason then lack of opportunity else where. So the new concessionaire SHOULD make money as soon as they get in there!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-16-2015 at 02:20 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast