Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kick'n it with the nephew in NPH

Default Kick'n it with the nephew in NPH

Once again Denny and me rented a skiff in Newport for the day. Most of the time we were flylining anchovies but occationally added a few split shot to get them down hoping for halibut.

Denny's 20" sandie

My 23" butt

Both of us caught several cudas from 20" to about 26"

3rd trip and have yet to hang a yellowtail.....................all fish released

Hi Vern

Just noticed your post. Looks like a great way to beat the heat with a nice visit to the bay looks like you and your grandson had a super time of it. Excellent work on the variety pack and landing that healthy 23" incher i heard you and bones may go out sharkin' later this week - good luck if you do!!!!

Take care,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    i heard you and bones may go out sharkin' later this week - good luck if you do!!!!
    That's the rumor

Sounds like you guys had goodtime! Congrats on the big sandy Denny and Legal Hali Verne! gotta try that harbor thing one time!

Congrats on some nice fish guys , thats the way to beat the swell and weekend crowd ! Glad you guys got into them!

Nice going Verne! Way to get the nephew on a great chunky sandbass and congrats on the legal flattie!

Don

That's a nice old turd and butt'. LOL. Yellowtail? Not impossible, but you'll have a better shot at them outside of the harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Yellowtail? Not impossible, but you'll have a better shot at them outside of the harbor.
    No doubt, to increase the odds we're jumping on a overnight out of 22nd this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by vdisney View Post
    That's the rumor
    Ahh...You know these fisherman and their RUMORS

Propaganda I'll tell Ya!

Great job on the skiff with Denny there Verne. It's nice when you can just sit on your butt and play with the fish. NPH is so fishy. You never know what is going to come to color in that place. We used to troll deep diving LC's all around too when we got tired of sitting and wanted to take in the sights in the harbor.It also gets the breeze in your face when the temps rise as well. Lots of beautiful boats and eye candy to be gazed upon in the OC!
    Just curious...What does it cost to rent a skiff these days there? As I remember it...It was something like $120.00 for the day but that was a decade ago. I'm thinking about taking my two youngest on a little outing.

Good times for sure...

Mike
    Last edited by bones; 10-12-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks for the report,was wondering if that skiff rental thing was still going on,nice way to spend the day,nice results too,WTG.

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast