Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10/10 Report

Default 10/10 Report

My son and I had not been striper fishing since last years Jr. Striper Slam. We wanted to hit the event again this year but had family obligations and missed it.
    I promised my son since we missed the Slam that I would take him on Saturday. The boat needed an inspection since we used it in Mammoth this summer.
    We arrived at the boat inspection area at 6:00 Am, passed inspection and waited in line. Launched the boat and started trolling U-rigs, we get hit just before yellow bar and it's a keeper striper. I knew we were going to slay the rest of the day. We keep trolling and looking for more biters the rest of the day and only catch two dinks that were released. I think we tried every area, depth and adjusted our speed but could not get them to go. We only saw one little boil all day that lasted 10 seconds and did not get a shot. The water temp was 73 and there was a lot of grass so we were constantly clearing the rigs. It also looked like an algae bloom was in full progress. We still had a fun day and made a deal to get out more often. I hope to get out again soon.

.........at least you got out Kelly.................

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    .........at least you got out Kelly.................
    You are right Bob. Quality time with my son and the fish are just a bonus. I hope all is well with you and your family.