Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Knabe Catch Fishing Report

Default Knabe Catch Fishing Report

Arrived at about 7AM and took up a spot on the south end of the lake near Alicante Rd. This years derby was empty and unorganized compared to the previous years, DFW had the wrong date up in their site up until 4 days before the derby. Anyhow the bite was steady for the first hour or so then significantly slowed down. I was very happy that we didn't get skunked and both my kiddos were able to win a trophy. The bite was very slow even at night, my brother got skunked Saturday night and he mentioned many other were skunked as well. Overall though it was still fun to get out there and fish with the family
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151010_112856.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	47137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151010_113047.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	47138  

I went there this morning "DEAD AS A DOORNAIL!!!!!!" I did have one kinda neat thing happen to me, a gentlemen I did not know rushed over to me and said, "I love your Yellowtail fishing reports!!!!!" I guess some people really do read those things!!!!! lol Also people know who I am!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-11-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georatm2011 View Post
    Arrived at about 7AM and took up a spot on the south end of the lake near Alicante Rd. This years derby was empty and unorganized compared to the previous years, DFW had the wrong date up in their site up until 4 days before the derby. Anyhow the bite was steady for the first hour or so then significantly slowed down. I was very happy that we didn't get skunked and both my kiddos were able to win a trophy. The bite was very slow even at night, my brother got skunked Saturday night and he mentioned many other were skunked as well. Overall though it was still fun to get out there and fish with the family
    That's great you and your boy's did well and spent some quality time with each other.

where is knabe?

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    where is knabe?
    The correct questions are who is Knabe and where is the lake???? Knabe is the last name of County Board of supervisor Don Knabe. The derby is named after him and the lake is La Mirada Regional Park lake.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-11-2015 at 02:52 PM.