Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jug Float Fishing For Cats at DVL

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    It was the day of the night you went night shock fishing. Heard from Tammy.
    Two were set in the north side bathroom cove.

Is it 100% illegal, or if they were closely attended then it would be legal?
    1.05. ANGLING.
    To take fish by hook and line with the line held in the hand, or with the line attached to a pole or rod held in the hand or closely attended in such manner that the fish voluntarily takes the bait or lure in its mouth

2.00. FISHING METHODS--GENERAL.
    (a) Except as otherwise authorized, all fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto.

Leaving a line attached to a floating object not attached to a closely attended rod/reel or held in the hand is 100% illegal. If they held onto that contraption or cast it out they would be good to go based on 1.05 and 2.00 in the regulations.

On a side note, that is about the best engineered jug float line Ive ever dun come across. In Nebraska We'd use a bleach bottle for the jug, some old line with rusty hook,s and some earthworms for bait attached to some heavy objects we found in our out buildings for the weight. That guy has darn near gourmet meats and a $29.99 brand new looking trailer hitch for a weight. I'd hate to see what this guy is using for regular legal fishing gear. Gold plated reels............custom designed titanium spinnerbaits from France.............hand carved crankbaits from Switzerland?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    1.05. ANGLING.
    To take fish by hook and line with the line held in the hand, or with the line attached to a pole or rod held in the hand or closely attended in such manner that the fish voluntarily takes the bait or lure in its mouth

2.00. FISHING METHODS--GENERAL.
    (a) Except as otherwise authorized, all fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto.

Leaving a line attached to a floating object not attached to a closely attended rod/reel or held in the hand is 100% illegal. If they held onto that contraption or cast it out they would be good to go based on 1.05 and 2.00 in the regulations.
    Thanks for that. Could be helping you eradicate the flathead problem though ;)

You can catch nice flathead and blues with palm sized bluegil,l lip hooked. I use the "bleach jug method". 3ft of 30lb. test 3/4oz sliding sinker attached to a in-line barrel swivel then 12" of a 15lb. mono.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Thanks for that. Could be helping you eradicate the flathead problem though ;)
    I removed 3500 lbs. and didn't make a dent. Anglers won't contribute whatsoever as access isn't available when they are active. They just sit in a dark place and chill out when the sun is up.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    On a side note, that is about the best engineered jug float line Ive ever dun come across. In Nebraska We'd use a bleach bottle for the jug, some old line with rusty hook,s and some earthworms for bait attached to some heavy objects we found in our out buildings for the weight. That guy has darn near gourmet meats and a $29.99 brand new looking trailer hitch for a weight. I'd hate to see what this guy is using for regular legal fishing gear. Gold plated reels............custom designed titanium spinnerbaits from France.............hand carved crankbaits from Switzerland?????????????
    At least he pays attention to details to include the lock washer and nut

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    I removed 3500 lbs. and didn't make a dent. Anglers won't contribute whatsoever as access isn't available when they are active. They just sit in a dark place and chill out when the sun is up.
    Did you get any real monsters, Kwin? And what the heck do you do with them or transport them to when you remove them?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Did you get any real monsters, Kwin? And what the heck do you do with them or transport them to when you remove them?
    They ranged from 55-880 mm with 22 lb the biggest Most went to a landfill.

And I take it they came in when the lake got filled with Colorado river water?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And I take it they came in when the lake got filled with Colorado river water?
    ....or a bucket. Perris has them too, doesn't receive CRA water so I can't explain that one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast