Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Got a surprise on Labor Day

Default Got a surprise on Labor Day

Did a trip to Anacapa this long weekend. Crew was Matt and I, on Shawn's 26 Bahia Davis boat. We started off looking for mackeral for bait.
    and after looking at our island spots for them with no love, decided to run off shore looking for kelps. Finally found some down by Pt. Mugu,
    and started the hunt. We would travel this day for over 100 miles, out to the Osbourn bank, and back inside to Anacapa for no fish. Water
    was 68 degrees outside, and where we started was almost 74. We spent the night at East fish camp, after a wonderful ribeye and corn on
    the cob dinner.
    Woke up at sunrise the next day, made coffee, and headed to the spot where the yellows have been. We get anchored up, and manage one
    yellow in a no current morning. Shawn makes some killer burritos for breakfast, and its getting hot by 9am. We decide to go look for yellowfin
    again, and put out some marlin lures while we're looking. Around 1:00, the starboard lure gets hammered. I set the hook to a greyhounding
    jumping fish, and pass the rod to Shawn who has never caught one before, and take the helm. Heres the results in the video

Last edited by exfactor; 09-09-2015 at 04:46 AM.

That's a cool surprise,Wtg on the release!

Cya Tuna Vic

That's awesome Mikey. Arthur told me you landed and released one. What a great year it is for fishing. Congrats on the catch and seeing a beautiful fish like that up close.

-Peter

NICE RELEASE Mikey! The video was a little hard to watch so I hope you don't mind I cleaned it up and uploaded it to youtube.

Thanks Jeff! I'm not great at editing these vid's yet lol

Thumbs up

Awesome surprise Mikey!
    Jeff and I were talking on Sunday about all the Billfish that were being hooked.
    Next up for you is a Wahoo... you can do it Yoda!
    Sent you something via Fed Ex today.

Thanks Arthur! I'd settle for a local dorado though! Thus far this year have had a 37# yellow, 32#YFT, the marlin, and lost a 20+dorado all inside of Anacapa Island. That, my friend, is quite the year already.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    NICE RELEASE Mikey! The video was a little hard to watch so I hope you don't mind I cleaned it up and uploaded it to youtube.

Thanks for that youtube conversion Jeff. I was having a real hard time viewing the other vid. Awesome job Mikey!

Sweet!!!
    I forgot what salt water
    Fish looked like,Lol...

Cm

Missed this report, but had heard you had nailed that stripey. Very cool Mikey!!!

Don