Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on the Thunderbird

Default Opinion on the Thunderbird

Anyone have an opinion on the Thunderbird out of Daveys Locker? Usually I fish out of the SD landings but with the way the coastal waters have been producing I was looking at booking a trip on this boat.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoach View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on the Thunderbird out of Daveys Locker? Usually I fish out of the SD landings but with the way the coastal waters have been producing I was looking at booking a trip on this boat.
    Great boat, probably the only boat i would fish out of Davey's locker... Newport landing which is the sister landing located up the street from Davey's have limit load extended 3/4 days (12 hour offshore trips) which are pretty solid. Went out on the Patriot last Sunday and had YFT/Skipjack action at almost every stop.

Quote Originally Posted by bobabocker View Post
    Great boat, probably the only boat i would fish out of Davey's locker... Newport landing which is the sister landing located up the street from Davey's have limit load extended 3/4 days (12 hour offshore trips) which are pretty solid. Went out on the Patriot last Sunday and had YFT/Skipjack action at almost every stop.
    Not the best boat!!!! It has the best Skipper in Jeff Marklin!!! I've been criticized for saying this in other threads (so take it with a grain of Salt) lol about if who is running the boat makes a difference. If Jeff is running the boat, you got arguably the best Skipper on the California coast!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-06-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Very fishy boat, and Jeff is the man.

...........best boat this year.....look at there record from jan of this yr till now...........hands down the best..........

The boat has very little deck or galley space. Downstairs gets a little warm. Food is average and fairly priced. Parking sucks. But the captain and crew is why I fish this boat. Brian is the best fish cleaner I have ever met. Nothing gets waisted with him.

Thanks for the replies guys. Called up yesterday and no surprised the boat is booked, so I booked on the Constitution out of H&M.

Here has been the fish counts on the Thunderbird since Oct 1, 2015. 10/1 62 Yellowfin Tuna 10/2 63 YFT 10/3 81 YFT 10/4 176 YFT 10/5 208 YFT 10/6 97 YFT 10/7 196 YFT 10/8 132 YFT 10/9 188 YFT 10/10 127 YFT

Next available date to fish on the Thunderbird is leaving Sunday Oct 11 fishing on the 12. Confucius say, "he who hesitates is lost" lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-12-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Confucius say, "he who hesitates is lost" lol
    Boss say, "Take another day off for fishing this year and you can kiss you job goodbye" Something about they give you vacation time but using it is another matter...

Quote Originally Posted by dacoach View Post
    Boss say, "Take another day off for fishing this year and you can kiss you job goodbye" Something about they give you vacation time but using it is another matter...
    So you're saying weekends only!!!!! Ok but you and everyone else has to understand the Tuna situation!!!! In San Diego it's mostly 3-5 pound tuna, in other words twice the size of a big Mackerel!!!! (oh joy in catching those) The Dorado fishing is decent though!!! For the last month most of all the decent tuna have been caught on the Osborne Bank (it's behind Santa Barbara Island) first Bluefin, now some really nice size Yellowfin tuna have been caught there recently. The day and half trips or longer from San Diego are running up here if they want to catch decent size tuna. For the LA/Orange county landings it's an easy 1 day trip. So if anyone wants to catch decent size tuna, you've got 3 good choices of boats. (I deliberately left out the other boats for good reasons) The T-Bird which we have all talked about, the Freedom and the Toronado. The T-Bird and the Freedom are booked up on Weekends in advance. However, the Toronado has been doing Rockfish research lately and hasn't been fishing. He is now done with that and is available this weekend to go Tuna fishing with at a good price. (if you mention 976-tuna) So if anyone wants to go on a good Tuna fishing trip this weekend, remember what Confucius say's "he who hesitates is lost!!!!" lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-09-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast