Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Surf Ghoster!! 10/1

Default Surf Ghoster!! 10/1

Hey guys i haven't been posting so this report will feature a few highlights from my recent outings over the passed 2 weeks. Consider it a Pre HG7
    report. I am beyond stoked for the Event, I can't wait to meet all of you!!!

i'll start with what went on today. Beautiful conditions. light wind, waves, and little salad surprisingly at the low tide. scrapped a croaker, cuda, a few calicos before the sun rose. There was an epic sunrise that lit up the cloud patches to ruby red. It was already a good day.

I scratch a few more hali's and calicos and get then got a subtle hit backed up with weight. Then a few seconds later it starts thrashing across the surface and my drag starts peeling. It was a good battle and i tried to stay calm and not horse the fish in. A few mins later i slide the beauty on the sand.

The Prize my second biggest WSB. Thanked her for the battle and followed with a quick picture and prompt release. she sway off strong.

Continued the assault on bass, halibut, mackerel, and bonito. My best day on pancakes aswell. 10 pancakes. :lol:

Recent Outings: Lost my PB halibut last week using the shutter spoon. around 26-28" lets just say i needed a gaff/net to land the fish from the rock structure i was on. Bummer. Also lost a huge fair hooked corbina off the shuttter spoon aswell.

This is what you call Sean Structure. ;)

Photogenic halibut around 18"

Have had a few of these nicer grade surf bones.

A less common catch.

A few in this range.

One of the darkest back calico's ive seen. Rock Dweller.

Dragonfly from about 2 weeks ago. You could tell i had a good day by the scales on my hand.

Till next time folks. Hope you enjoy the pictures. See you all on Saturday. The event is going to be EPIC!!!!
    Last edited by surffishingsean; 10-01-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Awesome job out there Sean! Looks like you're primed and ready for Saturday. Looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

Don

That is an awesome job! Congrats.

Thumbs up

Awesome job Sean... see you Saturday.