Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/4 day boats out of Santa Monica Bay

i only fish the owner flyliner hooks, mainly ringed... i've actually tried the gamaktsu and their hooks are shorter, weigh less, and are just as thin.... they have worked out well... i might try more of the gamaktsu ringed fly line hooks more...

Your funny Tucky.
    Been killing it with Owner Gorilla light hooks. 3/0 mostly, 4/0 to #1

Big Baits too. Went on the So Cal week 1/2 ago. We ran to Rocky Pt with Ryan and Mitch.
    Guess who landed the first YT ? 10" Mackerel 6 YT total only landed on the boat.
    Guys fishing the smaller dines got Bonito.

Go Big or Go Home. DR

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Your funny Tucky.
    Been killing it with Owner Gorilla light hooks. 3/0 mostly, 4/0 to #1

Big Baits too. Went on the So Cal week 1/2 ago. We ran to Rocky Pt with Ryan and Mitch.
    Guess who landed the first YT ? 10" Mackerel 6 YT total only landed on the boat.
    Guys fishing the smaller dines got Bonito.

Go Big or Go Home. DR
    I'm glad you had a good time. I think you kinda missed my point!!! (I know my thought process is hard to follow) lol On certain trips they will prefer the Mackerel better and I WILL FISH THEM!!! But in doing so, "I don't have the same advantage if they were biting dines because of my super secret dine rig." Next Yellowtail trip I go on when they only have dines in the tank for bait. I'm going to conduct a survey of what rigs EVERYONE else is fishing when it's only dines for bait. This is going to be kinda fun when I actually have the numbers!!!! Such as 100 poles surveyed, 40 of them use floro leader etc.

DR, you should write up more of your trips!!!! The natives are getting restless around here complaining there isn't enough fish reports being written. You've written 4 reports this year in the Party boat section and you're the SECOND most numerous author of writing reports in that section. I'm currently the most numerous author of fish reports in the Party boat section at 15 reports this year. Hopefully, "we can encourage other people to write up their fishing adventures." After all this is a fishing website!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-04-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Ok Tucker, Going tuesday on the 3/4 day Gail Force out of Ports O Call to Catalina.
    Limited load 18 guys, the boat holds 45. $100 trip I paid for 3 weeks ago with some co-workers.
    Just checked out allcoast website. Last private report was in July. LMFAO
    That site is so frikin dead, what a joke.

MON NIGHT
    W WINDS 10 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT
    OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

TUE
    WINDS VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE
    AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. S SWELL 2 FT AT 17 SECONDS.

TUE NIGHT
    W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NW 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
    MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. S SWELL 2 FT AT 16 SECONDS.

Ok Tucker, Going tuesday on the 3/4 day Gail Force out of Ports O Call to Catalina.
    Limited load 18 guys, the boat holds 45. $100 trip I paid for 3 weeks ago with some co-workers.
    Just checked out allcoast website. Last private report was in July. LMFAO
    That site is so frikin dead, what a joke.

MON NIGHT
    W WINDS 10 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT
    OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

TUE
    WINDS VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE
    AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. S SWELL 2 FT AT 17 SECONDS.

TUE NIGHT
    W WINDS 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NW 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
    MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. S SWELL 2 FT AT 16 SECONDS.
    I know the weather looks bitchin on Tuesday!!!!! I'm trying to get out myself that day. Good Luck on the Gail Force, the cook Mark makes some mean arse good food. Try the Breakfast Burrito if you're into that kind of food!!! lol

Fishing sucked tuesday. Boat had to go to Izors for 4" - 5" chovies from the bait boat.
    Then to the Istmus. About 8 anchor moves towards the rock quarry.
    5 lb Goat got the JP. Short caliicos bonito perch. Fished a 8" Spanish mac at 2 stops for nada.
    Only mac on the boat. Flying that mac for over a hour. Lol.

Santa Barbara island and Osborne has YT.

Santa Barbara island and Osborne has YT.
    Santa Monica bay Yellowtail are all fired up again!!!!! They got a #42 pounder yesterday on the Indian. I couldn't even bribe a friend of mine to go today!!! All expenses paid and he still backed out!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12