Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bolsa Chica 9/24

Default Bolsa Chica 9/24

Quick 30 minute Session
    Fish Count- 16 inch Pancake (sorry no pic)
    Used MS Anchovy LC with 20 lb. braid on 2500 Shimano sahara reel

Was in the Anaheim are for a meeting that ended at 6:30 p.m and decided that the 20 minute drive to Bolsa Chica was worth the drive to finally squeeze some fishing time in this area even if it was for a bit. I get to the sand and start tossing and immediately get attacked by salad, a couple more casts of the same and decide to move 50 yards west. In the second area its where things started to look but still was having issues with more salad and time was running out (sunset) and thoughts of the famous started to sink in. Decided to move another 50 yards west and no salad no strikes on my usual retreat so i decided to try different methods. As I'm trying a fast retrieve talk about a quick 30 minute session boosting my confidence in other retrieving methods. Overall it was a good fishing session for me, a couple minutes later my girlfriend arrived to the beach and we enjoyed some Jack in the box on the beach.

Hi battlefish

Hey thank you for the cool report with all the twists and turns good job on making it out there !!!

By the way, if you haven't already, it would be great to see you this Saturday at Hunting Giants 7 (check out the sticky link at the top of this forum)

Take care buddy,

Nick

Nice report,thanks for the nfo!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thumbs up

Nice short session... see you Saturday!

Nice short session. Glad you able to beat the stripe!

Don