Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat ban could jeopardize Irvine Lake's finances..

Default Boat ban could jeopardize Irvine Lake's finances..

Part time work pays $121,920 annually at the lake.. Sign me up ok...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Part time work pays $121,920 annually at the lake.. Sign me up ok...!!!!
    In addition to a $150K pension? $270K per year to close down the lake. Quite a gig.

Instead of banning boats, why can't they just implement a mandatory life jacket regulation?

1.5 mill. in drowning settlement
    2012-13 1.2 mill. in gate fees., 2.6 total mill total., which is 5k loss.

Guys this is nothing new I've been saying this for months now!!! And these salaries for a nonprofit organization is just absolutely crazy... What a damn shame Irvine Lake management.

The headline.

Problem is with society, management, government, lawyers and insurance companies. But really only one overall cause, greed. Good luck.

Lawyers for Lena Flores, Jose Rivera and other family members sued in October 2012, alleging SWD Recreation Inc. and Serrano Water District were negligent by not having more lights at the lake, for allowing the men to fish the lake in an overloaded boat with no life jackets and for failing to rescue them.

all i can say is ...

[QUOTE=flyhigh123;770904]Lawyers for Lena Flores, Jose Rivera and other family members sued in October 2012, alleging SWD Recreation Inc. and Serrano Water District were negligent by not having more lights at the lake, for allowing the men to fish the lake in an overloaded boat with no life jackets and for failing to rescue them.

All I can say is.........???????????? I can't stand the suspense!!!!!! Let me finish it for you with my jail house Lawyer logic. Get the mops ready to clean up the vomit from certain FNN members. lol Now remember my arguments and logic aren't any worse then what the presidential candidates are throwing around at each other about other issues!!!!

Argument number 1. Not enough lights on the lake!!! Weak argument, I've never been to any lake anywhere that was lit up like a Christmas tree at night!!!!

Argument number 2. Allowing the men to fish in an overcrowded boat. Strong argument!!!! Irvine lake provides a patrol boat which had to have passed them several times. They should have been immediately towed in or supervised them back to the boat dock!!!!

Argument number 3. No life jackets in the boat. Strong argument!!!! Irvine lake should have had a sticker or something visible on every private boat to show they have been inspected for minimal safety equipment!!!!

Argument number 4. Failing to rescue all 4 men!!!!! Weak to moderate argument. A patrol boat was available to help in the rescue, but saving all 4 men might be a little too much to ask for!!!!

Taking Pepto Bismol after heaving your guts out does help. So does eating Saltine crackers and drinking 7 up!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-28-2015 at 12:30 PM.

night launching inspections like what Castaic does would have saved those lives and kept the boats on the water there,,,,no more than a little common sense saves all of it...............theres just not enough common sense around now days...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast