Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL Info

Default DVL Info

I heard a couple of months ago that the ramp was being extended and might open the end of November.

Any update for when we will be able to launch our boats again?

the ramp is being extended. It likely will not be useable for launching boats into the lake by the end of November.

The launch ramp will not be extended into the water, but the extension will allow for launching sooner as the water level rises. Come on el niņo!

reports stated approx 120' extension (minus any sediment at/near bottom that may have built-up over time requiring a slightly shorter that 120' extension. That length would put it several feet under current water levels.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...e#.VgyobHpVhBc

firebass.....Just curious, how can the extension not go into water?

120' linear feet equates to about 15' vertically which is above the current water level. Everything will be high and dry until the lake receives enough water to inundate the extended portion of the ramp...which could be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    120' linear feet equates to about 15' vertically which is above the current water level. Everything will be high and dry until the lake receives enough water to inundate the extended portion of the ramp...which could be quite a while.
    Fixed it for ya.........
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 10-02-2015 at 03:39 PM.

The info I received was:

The Metropolitan Water District will be extending the launch ramp 120 ft. Although, this doesn't mean that it will allow the boaters to launch right away. The water level may still drop past the extra 120 ft extension. If that does happen, the extra 120 ft will allow the boaters to launch sooner when the water level rises.

So maybe I read into it wrong... oh well. I am looking forward to using that extension!

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    11OCT15 went down to see how it's going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast