Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New home gas can laws ?

Default New home gas can laws ?

Got a new one at Home Depot today and what a hunk of crap it is with the no-spill spout. It is hard to use and leaks, it's going back to them. The old kind were better, maybe I can find a real gas can at a yard sale sometime. Here it is vs the old kind.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_3984.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	47067 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_3983.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	47068 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_3985.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	47069
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 09-26-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: becuse I did

We can thank the people that spilled gas on a hot engine, that caught fire and it was the fault of the gas can and the manufacturer of the gas can. Not the person that spilled the gas.

Yeah, those things are a hunk of crap. I just started fueling the lawnmower with VP out of the race cans

Quote Originally Posted by Dci4me View Post
    Yeah, those things are a hunk of crap. I just started fueling the lawnmower with VP out of the race cans
    I took the spout off because it didn't work and used a funnel to fill my mower.

Yup, I'd say yard sale or swapmeet for a good old one,I'm still using one that's about 20yrs+ old.

Cya Tuna Vic

I got one and can't seem to get it to work. I spill gas all over the place... Now I have to use a funnel, which makes it even harder to use. If I find an old one, I have to worry that it is contaminated with oil mixture or rust or water. The directions blow and it doesn't work right.

The one I got at Harbor Freight works beautifully. No leaks at all. Actually works better than my old gas can, which leaked all the time. The cap is a little fiddly, but for only $20 it was a great deal and I went and bought another one.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    The one I got at Harbor Freight works beautifully. No leaks at all. Actually works better than my old gas can, which leaked all the time. The cap is a little fiddly, but for only $20 it was a great deal and I went and bought another one.
    THERE'S A SALE AT HARBOR FREIGHT!!!

I love Harbor Freight.

Picked up a galvanized dinner plate size x 20" funnel with a 1" small end opening. Then put 12" of clear hose on the small end. Drilled a hole by the lip and attach a bungee to it the the T top. I can Nascar stye dump 5 gallons of gas in the boat in less than 30 seconds. Screw those no spill safety nozzles.
    DR

How come when I type Bako Boys in Facebook I get these Gayguys ? Wassup with that Cutbait ?

https://www.facebook.com/BareBakoBoys?fref=ts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast