Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mile Square Park and Eisenhower Park Lake

1. Default Mile Square Park and Eisenhower Park Lake

Hello all!

If you've seen any of my posts, I mostly post in saltwater bay reports. This is in fact because when I was a kid, I started out fishing freshwater, and I was absolutely terrible at it! I've fished at Mile Square park on and off for about 10 years, and have caught nothing there (granted I didn't take fishing seriously at all). Last Friday (9/18/2015), with some tips from chowmein2go, I managed to hook up on 4 largemouth! My 2 friends got 2 each for a total of 8 that day. Not bad from my previous record of 0 . . .

Having my confidence boosted, I hit up Einsenhower Lake on Sunday (9/20/2015) and my friend and I managed to catch 1 each within 30 minutes (no pics here, phone was dead).

I think I will definitely hit up these parks much more often because I live much closer to them than I do the beach. Time to start a new chapter in my life!.

Cheers,

Andrew

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150918_175100.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	47033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150918_184130.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	47034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150918_182413.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	47035

I lived down the street from Eisenhower 15 years ago, my oldest boy caught his first fish there, taught him how to ride a bike there. Great memories there, they stock trout there in the winter, it gets fished out quickly after a couple of days. Catfish is ok at night. Good luck and bring your license I've been checked there

congrats on your outing at the parks. I actually live like 5 minutes from Mile Square and fish both lakes quite a bit. There are some really nice big bass in those lakes. Keep at it and you'll be rewarded.

I usually fish spinnerbaits, senko's and cranks there *cough cough* =0)

Nice catch...mile square park is where I learned how to fish...I used to fish there almost everyday when I lived across the street..good to see that there is bass there now...when I fish there 15 years ago, there was no bass at all. One time I caught a 3 ft silver arowana there. I still live close by but stop going because dfg stopped the fish stocking.

No problem bud. Like I told you, it's a great spot for some little bass. Anytime you have a questions, feel free to drop by the store or shoot me a pm.

Chao.

mile square is my backyard pond, please practice catch & release due to a large quantity of bass over the years that has been kept, enjoy the fishing

Nice job on the catch. I used to fish mile square park all the time. Did you fish the small or big pond with the island?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HeyItzPetah View Post
    Nice job on the catch. I used to fish mile square park all the time. Did you fish the small or big pond with the island?
    I fished the big pond with the island.