Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: You're simply the bass

Default You're simply the bass

OK, the title gives it away: it was almost exclusively Calico with a couple rockfish that felt iron-deficient.

Mid- day outing in an easy access spot with free parking off PCH in Hawaiian water (both clarity and temp).The paddle out was choppy after morning east wind roughed it up, but it got smoother somewhat later. Unlike the most places loaded with all sorts of bait I did not see any here. No tails and bonitos or cudas this time but bass were hanging out dispersed in groups of 2-4.

The highlight (aside from fishing in t-shirt and shorts comfortably) was getting 2 calicos on 1 hook on the jig. Almost every hook-up had multiple fish fighting for the ride on my new Cabo reel with 30 lb test. All (8) but 1 released. It's fun to watch 2-3 20+somthing bass racing together to the surface with 30 ft + polarized visibility.
    I felt that I needed to get dinner for my daughter and the fresh fillets covered with mayo, salt and crushed sliced almonds fried on olive oil were much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass 1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	47030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass 2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	47031  

Good eats! Don't you just love it when the Calicos go ape shat over your lures? I take it you were in a kayak?

I was on my usual 9ft longboard. If I ever get a yak I'm afraid I'll paddle too far and get my feet chewed up by shark like the guy ~1 mile out from Deer creek recently.

Nice, now I'm even more impressed. lol but at least in a kayak you have the option of keeping your feet out of the water.