Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner CAT late report

Default Skinner CAT late report

Hit up Skinner with a buddy to do some Striper fishing from shore. got to the lake at opening and hiked out to our spot. Started fishing around 6:20. Saw some boils near the marina, but fishing was dead, dead!!! Not a bite for the whole morning... But we stuck it out. Around 2:00 my buddy gets a hard bite. After a few minutes he landed a 5-6 ld cat. Cool! no skunk. After that, it was a steady bite for the next 45 minutes on large cats 10 lb +. We ended up with 4 fish (all released)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG00050.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	47026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG00048.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	47027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG00054.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	47028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG00008_BURST02_COVER.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	47029  

Nice Cats. It's a shame the Cat's in Skinner taste like mud or swamp grass. Does anyone know how to prepare them so they're eatable. I've tried bleeding them out before cleaning them and I've also gone the route of soaking them in salt and or milk.

Dam! That is some big cat's, well done

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Nice Cats. It's a shame the Cat's in Skinner taste like mud or swamp grass. Does anyone know how to prepare them so they're eatable. I've tried bleeding them out before cleaning them and I've also gone the route of soaking them in salt and or milk.
    My wife soaks it in butter milk for like 30 min or an hour, then we bread it and deep-fry it. The butter milk takes alot of that taste out.