Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good time of year for Intake 2?

Default Is this a good time of year for Intake 2?

I'm thinking on fishing Thursday afternoon ... or Friday morning ...

Any thoughts or suggestions? ... MUCH appreciated

sent you a pm but your box was full...let me know if you cleared it

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    sent you a pm but your box was full...let me know if you cleared it
    Sorry ... I just cleared it

re-sent but fnn gets glitchy with a long msg...let me know if it arrived.

Sir...time to empty your box again

Default Here's the idea of what I use

but from the shore I downsize to 4lb all the way throughClick image for larger version. 

Name:	trolling rig 2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	47115

but from the shore I downsize to 4lb all the way throughClick image for larger version. 

Name:	trolling rig 2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	47115
    You use a sliding sinker above the swivel when you're doing cast and retrieve?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cereal box.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	47161No...no sliding sinker! I had made a mistake when I implied that. For casting from the shore (and for trolling also), I tie on to a SAMPO swivel (the smallest one). Then I make a leader with a knot on one end (surgeon's loop) and a Luhr Jensen duo-snap on the other with 3' of line in between (or 5' - 6' if trolling). I keep the leader wrapped around a piece of a cereal box. That duo snap allows for quick changes of hardware, mostly spinners, spoons, and plugs

Of course, plastics are different. I'm using longer rods, (7.5' Mujica or 8' Diawa), with 2 lb test. That works in most situations (80%). When the winds picks up I'll attach a bobber and let the bobber ride on top (bouncing up and down) working the worm for me. For even more distance I'll use a water bubble (that I've spray painted with a easy-to-see color or a red/white bobber that I've drilled a hole in and add some beebees and stopped up the hole with a dollop of silicone from a small tube you get at Home Depot. I'll send a PM on a simple trick for rigging the worms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cereal box.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	47161No...no sliding sinker! I had made a mistake when I implied that. For casting from the shore (and for trolling also), I tie on to a SAMPO swivel (the smallest one). Then I make a leader with a knot on one end (surgeon's loop) and a Luhr Jensen duo-snap on the other with 3' of line in between (or 5' - 6' if trolling). I keep the leader wrapped around a piece of a cereal box. That duo snap allows for quick changes of hardware, mostly spinners, spoons, and plugs
    Gr8t info ... I have the SAMPO (I'll have to check the size) ... and the duo snaps ... use them with my leaded line for trolling Looking forward to any info you send. Thanks MUCH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast