Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Colorado River Sept 10 thru 12. Fishing was ON FIRE!!

Default Colorado River Sept 10 thru 12. Fishing was ON FIRE!!

Very little boat traffic and low water this weekend. Fishing was fantastic. At one point I had 10 fish in 12 casts, and had 30 in and out of the boat before 10:30am on Friday. They were mostly 1 to 1.5 pounds, but I'll take that any day. I forgot my tackle box (yes I'm an idiot) so could only fish with hard baits and whatever plastics I had already rigged. luckily my 3 inch grub on the road runner spin head lasted almost the entire weekend!

They would either hit of follow my sguare bill crankbait to the boat, and then a pack coming off of cover would follow the boat down river so it was like sight fishing. I would drop the grub right into them trying to get them to bite. Really fun stuff. The larger fish were mostly off of cover near the shore.

Had a SMB completely spazz out on me when trying to remove the hook. While the front treble was still in his mouth, the rear went straight through my hand. He was flopping around while I had to grab my pliers and rip the hook out barb and all. Good times...

Picked up a hitch hiker as well

Your killing it over there! Always loved that fishery!

awesome...i'm planning on a trip to blythe this weekend. will post some pics if i actually end up going.

When your having fun and catching fish, the "good times" OUCH!! don't seem so bad. Thanks for the report and pics. Who doesn't love the way those small mouth fight! You were definitely killin' it ! Good Times for sure!

Really nice quality! You're not supposed to C & R yourself though! Ouch

As usual good job. I am moving to Colorado next weekend, so it will be awhile before I get back out to that area. Keep catchin' 'em!