Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrift Stores.

Default Thrift Stores.

Ever hit them up ? My wife and I love to check them out and sometimes you can find some pretty cool things. Found this metal sign the other day and just had to buy it for only 2 bucks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9FF_3964.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	46987

Pretty cool opf,I too like to check them out,but if thier local ones I have to wait weeks in between visits or its like looking at the same stuff over and over.

Cya Tuna Vic

Unfortunately, where I'm from, thrift stores are now "Vintage Boutiques" which just means that prices have quadrupled.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Unfortunately, where I'm from, thrift stores are now "Vintage Boutiques" which just means that prices have quadrupled.
    DS representing Eagle Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    DS representing Eagle Rock?
    If you say Eagle Rock three times, LQ comes out.

Eagle Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Eagle Rock!
    Damn you to Hell, DS.

I should have known there'd be trouble when I heard rumors of a hipster outbreak in Echo Park. Having lived in Silverlake before moving to Eagle Rock, we managed to stay one step ahead of used clothing boutiques, Mexican-Thai fusion eateries, and gourmet cupcake shops. But it was only a matter of time before the trustfundies discovered the 2 freeway and made their way north to my beloved Eagle Rock. The stretch of Colorado from Eagle Rock to Figueroa is a microcosm of everything bad about hipster gentrification - Guy Fieri-endorsed eateries, trendy fitness studios, overpriced pet supply stores - you name it. It's no surprise that E.R. is slowly becoming a place the long-time residents could not afford to live in, had they not bought in 20+ years ago.

And it's not over, boys and girls - Cypress, Elysian, and El Sereno are the current flash points. No brown person is safe. The Highland Park stronghold was breached some time ago, and is dealing with a three-pronged assault, with encroachment from Eagle Rock lumbersexuals, Downtown L.A. studio loft refugees, and the Occidentals spilling over like it was West-effing-Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Damn you to Hell, DS.

I should have known there'd be trouble when I heard rumors of a hipster outbreak in Echo Park. Having lived in Silverlake before moving to Eagle Rock, we managed to stay one step ahead of used clothing boutiques, Mexican-Thai fusion eateries, and gourmet cupcake shops. But it was only a matter of time before the trustfundies discovered the 2 freeway and made their way north to my beloved Eagle Rock. The stretch of Colorado from Eagle Rock to Figueroa is a microcosm of everything bad about hipster gentrification - Guy Fieri-endorsed eateries, trendy fitness studios, overpriced pet supply stores - you name it. It's no surprise that E.R. is slowly becoming a place the long-time residents could not afford to live in, had they not bought in 20+ years ago.

And it's not over, boys and girls - Cypress, Elysian, and El Sereno are the current flash points. No brown person is safe. The Highland Park stronghold was breached some time ago, and is dealing with a three-pronged assault, with encroachment from Eagle Rock lumbersexuals, Downtown L.A. studio loft refugees...
    Preach sister Quagga preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    and the Occidentals spilling over like it was West-effing-Berlin.
    Hey hey, I moved to East LA after Oxy. (Couldn't afford Echo Park after that much student debt, I'm not a trust fund baby like the other alumni) Don't judge me by the geographic acquisitions the other Oxy'ites made.

I hear Highland Park is next. Even the Avenues are scared.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 09-15-2015 at 11:31 AM.

yup look at atwater and now frogtown!!. people asking 1/2million $$$....those tv shows where hipsters want la at $350k for a house and a crew trying to renovate the house over the weekend end up in glassell/cypress/mt washington !!! people asking might as well try clean up toonerville and northwest Altadena, where weekly shootings occur..

"I live in a really bad neighborhood, lots of graffiti and people moving out...but personally I love graffiti it keeps my 2bedroom apt at $450 /month!"-"I grew up in a gated community , there were bars on everyone's window!!!!! comic FELIPE ESPARZA who grew up in ALISO VILLAGE
    Last edited by BALLERONBUDGET; 09-15-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Hermosa Beach is getting the Hipsters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast