Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Tijuana Mexico

Default Tijuana Mexico

Any one been there recently? The last time I was their was in the late 50's or early 60,s with my mom and dad. I remember walking on the sidewalks and seeing all the bars and strip joints, sure was a weird place in those days. The part I liked about TJ back then was shops that sold fire crackers. I bet its pretty nice now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	downtown_tijuana_2nd_street_1950s.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	46969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_j6184.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	46970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tijuana_mexico_avenida_revolucion.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	46971

I go there for drugs. The legal kind - antibiotics, inhalers, etc. A lot cheaper than over here and you don't need a prescription. I also like to pick up a couple bottles of tequila or Rompope for friends. It's pretty much the same as it used to be - strip bars, shops, street food. There is also some quality dentistry and plastic surgery for about half the price. You have to know who you're going to though, lol. Tourism is way down though due to violent crime - pretty sad. I usually just walk across and take taxis. When I get to customs and the guys asks, "What did you come here for?" I always tell him "Drugs and alcohol".

I drive thru there on my way to Rosarito,last time was a few months ago,used to go every other month,then when things got "sketchy" and prices went sky high,things seem to be getting better,which I'm glad to see.

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks guys for the update on TJ.

got two cars upholstered there in 1966 and 1968.takinroll headliner seats carpets door paneles package tray kick panels all for 175 dollars in 7 hours--very nice--also bougt fire crackers

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I honestly just threw up coffee in uncontrollable laughter just now.....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Glad to see that donkey got out of the sex trade. Getting spray painted like a zebra is far more dignified.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Glad to see that donkey got out of the sex trade. Getting spray painted like a zebra is far more dignified.

donkey? spray painted???

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    The lady though....i hear she's moved to Adelitas.