Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/2 Day AM on the Monte Carlo

Hey, if I wanted fish every time I went out, I'd go to the market. I've been watching the reports, and I've seen the drop off of action. I imagine this weather coming through will pull some weird water with it, too. I'm not just running out there blind and feeling entitled to it all.

I've been fishing Southern CA fleets for over 20 years. Worked as a deckhand on the Redondo Special and the City of Redondo over the summers when I wasn't in high school (Or out of state). Gone out for half days, gone out for four days; been skunked several times on every kind of trip I've taken. I never EXPECT to catch fish.

I just expect the opportunity to try when there are fish coming over rails, not be forbidden from casting. I'm fine not wasting bait. I tend to throw artificials more. I don't care if we're hunting something different. It's a 1/2 day trip. At least let me try.

In the end, this skunk stunk a bit worse since I was charged more than standard fareand I feel like the numbers were doctored. I do regret being so harsh on the captain. I'll give him another go for sure, because this may have been a fluke. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Egster View Post
    I find the comments about the captains very useful and appreciate every bits of it, even though they might not be 100% correct (mistake happens). Captains do make a difference to the overall boating experience. Actually, not just the captains, the deckhands plays a major factor as well. So I don't find more comments on the captains are a bad thing. Better yet, hopefully these reviews will help shape up the bad ones and benefit us, the customers, overall.

The fact that no one corrected Etucker about Bob and Molla being different person until you did, pretty much shows that most people here don't really know the captains well enough(or simply don't care to correct him?).
    Thanks for the kind words. Is it just luck when certain captains are running the boat and the fish count goes up???? (maybe yes, maybe no????) or is it the day of the week?????? Today the Monte Carlo caught 41 Yellowtail and last Friday they caught 68. Is that just luck or the guy running the boat????? You can make up your own minds on that one!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-11-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123