Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Urban Creeks in the IE

Default Urban Creeks in the IE

Looking for some Inland Empire water holes or creeks/run offs. Live in the Jurupa Valley area. Have tried the Santa Ana river in my area but no go on fish.... any ideas? PM me if you dont want to give away a secret spot. Just looking for a little guidance. I have tried Google Earth but that wasnt much help... Thanks for any input!!
    Last edited by icekrusher04; 09-06-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Most people aren't going to tell you I would look at tributaries of the Santa Ana

You will find that the majority of waters in the SoCal mountains are very impacted by drought and silting. 60% of the big creeks (Big Rock, LittleRock) in the Angeles National Forest are dried up or have been killed with shocking and poison to keep the Yellow Legged frogs alive. The San Bernardino National Forest has a couple streams that are still flowing but 50% of the tributaries have so little water as to not hold fish anymore. The waters that do flow suffer from silting that needs to be washed out by some good flood stages that we might get this year (El Nino) that will flush them out and restore good trout habitat. Many that once held water have dried up completely. Because of the low water, temps in the creeks that do flow have risen to levels that are detrimental to fish health. Your best bet is fish the Eastern Sierra from Lone Pine north for wild and planted trout. Levels are low there as well but there water is cooler and plentiful enough to keep fish healthy. Lower Owens and creeks in that area (Bishop) are fishing well for those who any idea what they are doing. Water and air temps there are perfect for wet wading and fish are willing. Here's a good example of what you could expect up there. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?84868-T-O-afterwork-fishing-the-river
    Last edited by Viejo; 09-07-2015 at 09:29 AM.