Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Redondo special (9/4/15) great yellowtail action

Default Redondo special (9/4/15) great yellowtail action

My dad and I decided to fish the Special this morning and it turned out to be a great decision!!! We started out at rocky point where the cormorants and sea lions were relentless. After a few hours of getting owned by the birds and dogs, we made a move to deeper water. Once we were anchored up all hell broke loose!! People started hanging yellows at over 100ft on the dropper loop. Every bait that hit the bottom got bit.The yellows would gladly eat small anchovies, live sardines, live mackerel,colt sniper,yoyo jigs and even slabs of bonita.

I went two for two and my dad went two for three. I also caught some small bass and big bonita on the surface and a big old calico on the dropper loop, which I released. The Redondo Special is my favorite half day boat in southern California and I highly recommend it. The deckhand was right by my side the whole time i fought my fish. He was also a master at untangling lines. The captain is incredibly knowledgeable of the bay and he will put you on the fish. This boat has a very friendly and helpful crew.

Get out on the Special before these fish disappear!
    Last edited by jig fish; 09-04-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Good news fish report! I am glad you made this report and real happy you folks landed those nice Yellow's. Also a local boat and crew with a 5 Star feedback is cool. I have never fished the Redondo but I will give it a shot. Thanks again for this positive report.

Very fishy boat, and yes Mark and crew are great. Mid week is good. Weekends are slammed.
    Thanks for the report.

Sounds like some great Rocky Point action. That is Etuckers favorite boat and captain too. WTG
    DR

Another Great yt report,,,Thanks

T/B

Nice job! I cringe every time I see the great numbers and quality on that boat, but when I decide to go the fishing is always slow. Figures.

Great job on the yellow's jig fish. During the weekday, the Redondo Special is just money!! The Indian is also a FANTASTIC boat. Super cool crew and always awesome fishing. Redondo, is also my favorite local landing. Glad you and your father had some quality time bringing in those toads. Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Sounds like some great Rocky Point action. That is Etuckers favorite boat and captain too. WTG
    DR
    I'm giving him another chance on Labor Day, let's see if he can act like a professional tomorrow!!!!!